Author Topic: Quarter Sessions for Coddenham 18  (Read 257 times)

Offline caron

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Quarter Sessions for Coddenham 18
« on: Monday 11 April 16 11:37 BST (UK) »

Can anyone help me with some research with Quarter Sessions please. I have never researched this particular area before. 

I am trying to find out if my ancestor Susan Mayhew who is the mother of  Caroline Mayhew who was a base child born 18 August 1860 in Coddenham Suffolk applied for maintenance from the father George Fox. 

I understand from my friends on Roots Chat that there may be mention of a maintenance or affiliation order in the quarter sessions for Coddenham Suffolk, or in the coddenham churchwarden accounts that susan may have applied for.

I cannot find a marriage of Susan Mayhew to a George Fox, and Caroline starts to use the surname Fox instead of Mayhew between 1871 and 1880.    Susan went on to have another illegitimate child who was called George Fox.

I would like to find out if Susan Mayhew applied for any maintenance for her daughter.  Susan was a servant and left her daughter in the care of her own parents in Coddenham whilst she was working away.

Where can I find these documents please?  Thank you
Mayhew of Coddenham,, Rogers of Southwark, Green of Leighton Buzzard. Greens of Islington.Challis of Southwark, Goddard Islington/Redgrave, Chamberlain of Kettering, Price of St Pancras, Selman of Middlesex. Dench of Littleport. Curtis southwark/Bristol