Author Topic: Found! Joseph Turners Mother  (Read 727 times)

Offline ansett

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Found! Joseph Turners Mother
« on: Tuesday 12 April 16 07:45 BST (UK) »
Hello Roots chatters,

Some time ago I requested information regarding the Turner Family of Wolverhampton:
With your help and guidance I followed through with your name suggestions.

I had researched the Turner Family for a few years, I made the mistake re the Turners that I thought were mine.         (big mistake in not requesting a certificate for Joseph Turner) One census shows Joseph to be Josh:
However, I have now checked many census, many addresses, and requested several birth certificates of the children.

I am happy to say that I have confirmed that Joseph Turner Born 1854 who married Harriett Martin
was the the son of John Turner Born 1820 Darlaston occupation Lath Cleaver.
They lived in Falkland Street, Canal Street and Little"s Lane The constant all the way was the Occupation of John Turner.... Lath Cleaver.

The mother was Elizabeth Palmer born  Canturbury Kent.
Thank you once again for your help in the past..Ansett
Boddis.Wilding Turner.Firm.Firn.Oakes.Ferguson.
Blakemore.Priest.Wolverhampton Staffordshire.
Bicken,Stanley:
Annable.Chambers.Nottinghamshire:Tamworth:Warwickshire:
Boddice.Jennings:Walsall
Aurelius Southan:USA:
Robson:Maurice:Canada

Offline WAY1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Found! Joseph Turners Mother
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 16 September 21 21:36 BST (UK) »
I may have asked this before so apologies but did you come across any other TURNER lath cleavers in the area?
Mine originated in Walsall with a Samuel Turner (1791- 1851) married to a Martha Hinton. The family moved to Albion Street Wolverhampton around 1830.
Have you also by any chance done the Ancestry or any other DNA test? My Samuel says he was born in Hoverley, Worcestershire in 1791.( Hoverley may be Wolverley). I have a feeling his parents were on the canal  rather than being residents as I can find no obvious Worcestershire links. This is my brick wall.