Author Topic: Blenkirons of Marrick  (Read 5001 times)

Online fiddlerslass

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Blenkirons of Marrick
« Reply #9 on: Monday 20 February 17 13:36 GMT (UK) »
Xanthe,
 Closest match to Estrap I can find in N. YKS Hearth Tax 1673 is HELSTROPE -  George of Thrintoft N. YKS .
Bulman, DUR
Butterfield DUR & N. YKS,
Earnshaw DUR
Hopps DUR & N. YKS
Howe, Richardson,Thompson all DUR

William Thompson violin maker Bishop Auckland
William Thompson jun. Violin maker Leeds

Richardson in Bermondsey/East Ham, descendants of William Richardson b. 1820 Bishop Auckland

Berger, Fritsch, Ritschel, Pechanz, Funke, Endesfelder & others from Czechia

Offline xanthippe

• RootsChat Extra
  • expat Brit, born in Scotland, now living in Berlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 10 February 19 16:44 GMT (UK) »
Dear Dan,
I have been away from my research for a while, other things in life taking a front seat. But I'm just revisiting the messages on RootsChat and would be very interested both in your spreadsheet, as well as connecting trees on Ancestry. I was unable to find a tree under the name schilver, perhaps because I've let my membership lapse. But my tree is the "Hall family tree" and my member name is XantheHall. My mother was Daphne Blenkiron (1932-1997) and I've traced her family back to Marrick.
I would be very glad to hear from you.
Best,
Xanthe
Bwye, Blenkiron, Clarke, Close, Durrant, Fraser, Hall, Humm, Ivin, Joy, Livermore, Phelps, Ruegg, Schmock, Sever, Sinclair, Thorneycraft, Widows, Woolley

Offline verezzi

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 16 February 19 10:23 GMT (UK) »
Hello Xanthe,

I would be happy to share what I have, you're very welcome to it. Yes you can't access Ancestry trees with a lapsed subscription (mine is lapsed too for now as my job is leaving far less time for family research). I think I can invite you to view my tree though, I've tried using the username you provided but it might not have worked as it says 'You have invited 0 people to your tree', might have though. Let me know.

The Blenkirons were quite prolific around Marrick and the surname is still very common in the area in and around Richmond. I have been to Marrick and there are still parts today that would have been present long ago. Recently, I went to the Beamish museum and they have the old Marrick funeral cart on display.

Anyway, if you PM me an email address, I will send you what I have- there's the spreadsheet, a copy of the Marrick fire documents, MIs, a short social history on the Blenkiron family with photos of Marrick etc. As I mentioned in the earlier post, a lot of the Ancestry trees seem to be based on one original tree that has a lot of mistakes, I'm not saying mine is perfect but the spreadsheet means you can build it yourself with confidence from the original records, they are all transcribed in chronological order and colour coded by parish so you can see how they move around.

Dan
Durham: Hall, Wilkinson, Taggart, Woodcock, Watson, Gray, Wood, Cummings, Wheldon, Robinson, Cowley, Perkins, Burnside, Corby
Yorkshire: Petty, Blenkiron, Stabler, Garforth.
Northumberland: Wood, Hall, Wilkinson.
Lincolnshire: Bavin, Cook, Graves/Greaves, Catten
Gloucestershire: Smith, Jones, Wheeler
Ireland: Taggart, Workman.
Warwickshire: Commander, Betts.
Staffordshire/Worcestershire: Perkins, Commander, Plant, Nock, Guest, Hackett

Offline Blentides

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 18 November 19 17:22 GMT (UK) »
Hi Xanthe.

I am a Blenkiron. My parents and Grandparents lived in Reeth. I have traced my tree back to Bartholomew Blenkiron 1694 in Marrick. He did Marry Elizabeth Dent and he died 1956 as far as I can tell. I can't get any further back than Barthram :/

Offline xanthippe

• RootsChat Extra
  • expat Brit, born in Scotland, now living in Berlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 24 November 19 16:29 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
I think I've got back to Thomas Blenkarne b. abt 1569 who married Bettris Wilkinson on June 12 1594 in Patrington, Yorkshire and died in 1618, buried 22 Mar.
His son, Thomas, was born in 1602, baptised 15 Apr in Patrington and died (or was buried) 12 Jul 1687.
His son, Thomas, was born abt 1630, also in Patrington and married Elizabeth Estrape (not sure if this surname is a transcription error as this family is nowhere else to be found) on Jun 28 1658. I have the same date for his death as his father, so one of these is incorrect.
His son is Bartram, born abt 1668 and married to Elizabeth (unsure of maiden name) abt 1686 and father of Bartholomew.
Where does your line go from there? Mine runs as follows:

Bartholomew 1735
Bartholomew 1766
Bartholomew 1795
Thomas 1828 at which point we leave Swaledale for the Midlands, specifically Warwickshire.
Duncan 1865
Bernard 1898 back in Yorkshire, albeit briefly
Daphne 1932, born in India, and my mother.

Where do our lines part?
You can find me on Ancestry unter XantheHall.
Best,

Xanthe
Bwye, Blenkiron, Clarke, Close, Durrant, Fraser, Hall, Humm, Ivin, Joy, Livermore, Phelps, Ruegg, Schmock, Sever, Sinclair, Thorneycraft, Widows, Woolley

Offline Calverley Lad

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 25 November 19 15:45 GMT (UK) »
Yewdall/Yewdell/Youdall -Yorkshire