Author Topic: Look up request please for an apprentice indenture Thomas Tailby Leicestershire  (Read 1029 times)

Offline Thornwood

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
My ancestor, Thomas Tailby was apprenticed to William Terry in Leicester when he was 12 years old in 1797.  I believe the ROLL number is 2774/213.  Can anyone look this up for me to find out what the occupation was that he was apprenticed to, and if there is any other information on the record.
I have a subscription to A****** but as a newcomer to it I have not been able to find this record.
Many thanks,
Thornwood

Offline Thornwood

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Look up request please for an apprentice indenture Thomas Tailby Leicestershire
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 16 April 16 14:01 BST (UK) »
Still hoping someone out there can help.
Many thanks.  Thornwoos

Online rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
Re: Look up request please for an apprentice indenture Thomas Tailby Leicestershire
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 16 April 16 14:06 BST (UK) »
Where did you find that information  :-\
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Danone

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 01 December 16 11:38 GMT (UK) »
Hi I am Steve
I'm doing the same family as the tailby married into my woolman family
Charlotte tailby married John woolman turlangton Leicester high street so if you find out what he did do please let me know.
Thanks
Steve

Offline Thornwood

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 17 December 16 23:00 GMT (UK) »
The information about the indenture came from a rootschatter some time ago. I put it on my to do list but then when I came to research it I didn't know where to look.
I think we have been in contact before Danone. Are you saying that you think the Thomas Tailby born in Burton Overy that I am trying to find out about was related to Charlotte Tailby who married into your family. If so this would be very helpful as I am actually trying to prove that he is NOT in my direct line. Trying to find that he WAS proved difficult so am coming at it from another direction.
I still need someone to help me find the indenture, I have access to A******* but feel ignorant in admitting that I don't know where to look even though I have the number.

Offline Jomot

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 18 December 16 01:33 GMT (UK) »
Hi Thornwood

I think the information may have come from me.  ROLLR is the Records Office for Leicestershire, Leicester & Rutland and the reference 2774/213 is the one you need to quote to obtain a copy of the indenture from them - it isn't currently online.

http://www.leics.gov.uk/index/leisure_tourism/local_history/recordoffice/recordoffice_services/record_office_copy_service.htm
MORGAN: Glamorgan, Durham, Ohio. DAVIS/DAVIES/DAVID: Glamorgan, Ohio.  GIBSON: Leicestershire, Durham, North Yorkshire.  RAIN/RAINE: Cumberland.  TAYLOR: North Yorks. BOURDAS: North Yorks. JEFFREYS: Worcestershire & Northumberland. FORBES: Berwickshire, CHEESMOND: Durham/Northumberland. WINTER: Durham/Northumberland. SNOWBALL: Durham.

Offline Thornwood

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 18 December 16 10:35 GMT (UK) »
Thank you so much Jomot. I intend to visit Wigston in late January so will ask then. I think we get into the habit of thinking everything is online and then wonder why we can't find the information we want.
Happy Christmas.
I will let you know what I find out Danone.