Author Topic: Records in the book INQVISITIONVM AD CAPELLAM DOMINI REGIS RETORNATARUM QVAE....  (Read 2474 times)

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
Re: Records in the book INQVISITIONVM AD CAPELLAM DOMINI REGIS RETORNATARUM QVAE....
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 16 April 16 21:27 BST (UK) »
You mention Pinkie. An uncle of mine killed there does appear, but his brother, my own grandfather, does not. I know that he was killed at Pinkie because one of his sons got a charter of clare constat which says so.

Wow! You must be a very long-lived family  ;)
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline buckhyne

• RootsChat Veteran
  • James Lawrie & Mary Ann Watson (1878)
    • View Profile
Re: Records in the book INQVISITIONVM AD CAPELLAM DOMINI REGIS RETORNATARUM QVAE....
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 16 April 16 21:43 BST (UK) »
You mention Pinkie. An uncle of mine killed there does appear, but his brother, my own grandfather, does not. I know that he was killed at Pinkie because one of his sons got a charter of clare constat which says so.

Wow! You must be a very long-lived family  ;)

:D :D :D
Lawrie name in Fife (and elsewhere) with all its various spellings.

Offline GR2

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 16 April 16 21:51 BST (UK) »
What's a few greats between friends?  ;D

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 16 April 16 22:00 BST (UK) »
 ;D ;D
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline hurworth

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 17 April 16 21:27 BST (UK) »
Thanks GR2.   I'm still near the bottom of a steep learning curve when it comes to historical records.