Author Topic: Newcastle Library Newspaper Death Notice Look Up Request  (Read 1068 times)

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Newcastle Library Newspaper Death Notice Look Up Request
« on: Saturday 16 April 16 18:57 BST (UK) »
If anyone is at the library and has time, I'd appreciate a look up in the Evening Chronicle for a death notice if possible please.

I am straw clutching here, searching for the death of the husband of a Great Aunt.

Info I have from a probate record for a 'possible' is:

James Patrick RYAN of 8 Claremont Place, Gateshead died 23 October 1963 at Dunston Hill Hospital, Gateshead.

According to the GRO index his age at death was consistent with what I know his birth year was.

IF there is a death notice it should be with a few days of 23rd October I would think.

I am hoping that there may be some mention of family, he was a widower but I believe they had a daughter.

Boo

Offline ladynicotine

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Newcastle Library Newspaper Death Notice Look Up Request
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 23 April 16 14:18 BST (UK) »
Hi Boo

I've found the following for you:

Ryan, Gateshead, 8 Claremont Place, in hospital on Oct, 23, aged 74 years.  James Patrick, dearly loved husband of Barbara and the late Winnifred (nee Graham).  Cortege leaving daughter's residence, 38, Third Street, Monday, 11.40 a.m. for service and internment in Gateshead [?East?] Cemetery 12 noon.  Friends please meet at Cemetery.  RIP

Evening Chronicle Friday October 25th 1963, pg 14.  Punctuation as in original. 

It was hard to read, so I'm not sure about the cemetery name.  Also, frustratingly, the daughter's name isn't given!  Hope it helps though.

Lady Nicotine
Eastwood - Kent/Sussex; Apted, Phillips- Sussex; Jermy - Norfolk; Grove - Buckinghamshire; Coles - London; Pilgrim, Harvey - Kent/Essex; Gambrell/Gambrill - Kent

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Newcastle Library Newspaper Death Notice Look Up Request
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 24 April 16 09:31 BST (UK) »
Hi Lady N.

Thank you very much for looking for me. It 'is' helpful as I can now discount this James Patrick Ryan - neither of his wives named are the one I was hoping for.

Even knowing its not what I was looking for is another baby step in the right direction.

Thanks again for your help.

Boo