Author Topic: Greenwich cemetery - any gravestones of the Ruegg family?  (Read 1359 times)

Offline forester

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Greenwich cemetery - any gravestones of the Ruegg family?
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 14 August 16 17:10 BST (UK) »
Hello Xanthe,

The photo is of Grave No. 2nd.Con.3596, Helen (1914), Edward William (1923) and Edith Rose (1968). That is the only gravestone you will find, but I have located two of the other three graves and have a fair idea where the third may be.

The photo below is looking towards the location of Grave No. 3rd Con. A67 where William (1914) is buried.

Bear with me as I have just got back from a second trip to Greenwich. It may take me a few days to put all the info and photos together.

Phil

Sussex: Satcher (Hamsey) and Gatton (East Grinstead)
Leicestershire: Pratt
South Wales: Evans (Neath)
Poland: Gonet, Deren

Forest Row: War Memorial and Camp WW1
Lewisham War Memorials & WW1 Graves

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline forester

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Greenwich cemetery - any gravestones of the Ruegg family?
« Reply #10 on: Monday 15 August 16 21:05 BST (UK) »
Xanthe,

I have bundled up the photos on my Dropbox. If you PM me your email address, I will forward you the links.

As you can see from below, they are scattered all over the cemetery.

Phil
Sussex: Satcher (Hamsey) and Gatton (East Grinstead)
Leicestershire: Pratt
South Wales: Evans (Neath)
Poland: Gonet, Deren

Forest Row: War Memorial and Camp WW1
Lewisham War Memorials & WW1 Graves

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.