Author Topic: Thomas Stabler  (Read 862 times)

Offline 0191alex11

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Thomas Stabler
« on: Tuesday 19 April 16 17:19 BST (UK) »
Hi!
    Can anyone help with the following?

I have a Thomas Stabler living at Coundon in 1841, along with wife Ann, daughter Margaret, and sons John and Thomas.

By 1851 he was living at Cassop, says place of birth Mickleton, around 1809, son John born 1835 Mickleton and son Thomas born 1841 Canny Hill, Durham.

Think Thomas may have died in 1857?

I believe Thomas may have been the brother of a Mary Ann Stabler born 1810 at Mickleton, baptised at Romaldkirk, daughter of a John and Mary Ann Stabler.

Mary Ann Stabler was living with her husband (Andrew/Adam Lunn) at Coundon in 1841, and one of her daughters was born at Cassop in 1843.

Thomas Stabler I think married an Ann Gibbon on 23rd August 1834 at Romaldkirk. Think Margaret Stabler born around 1830 may have been her daughter of a previous marriage or born illegitimately?

Any help with Thomas birth or baptism much appreciated! :)

Moderator comment: another post here: http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=746746.0
Please choose one area in which to post to avoid duplicatioon of effort by other chatters.  Thanks

Offline verezzi

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas Stabler
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 14 May 16 21:53 BST (UK) »
Hello,

Your Thomas was born in Mickleton in 1807, the son of Edward Stabler and Mary nee Langstaffe. He was baptised on the 15th May which I took from the parish records, it is difficult to find online as the surname is given as 'Stappler' in the register, the surname often turns up with various spellings e.g Stable, Staple, in fact Edward, Thomas' father, was baptised as 'Staveley' and some of the later generations reverted to this as a surname over Stabler.

You're right that Thomas married Ann Gibson, some of their children's baptisms call her Nanny which I guess was a nickname. I am descended from Thomas' brother George. If you're interested, Private message me an email address and I can send you some marriage certificates including Thomas and at least one of his sons and pdf chapters of a social history book I wrote on the Stabler family, you're very welcome to them if you would like them.

Best regards,

Dan
Durham: Hall, Wilkinson, Taggart, Woodcock, Watson, Gray, Wood, Cummings, Wheldon, Robinson, Cowley, Perkins, Burnside, Corby
Yorkshire: Petty, Blenkiron, Stabler, Garforth.
Northumberland: Wood, Hall, Wilkinson.
Lincolnshire: Bavin, Cook, Graves/Greaves, Catten
Gloucestershire: Smith, Jones, Wheeler
Ireland: Taggart, Workman.
Warwickshire: Commander, Betts.
Staffordshire/Worcestershire: Perkins, Commander, Plant, Nock, Guest, Hackett