Author Topic: flatley familiescompleted  (Read 4458 times)

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: flatley familiescompleted
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 12 July 16 13:07 BST (UK) »
It is not getting any easier! To all those Flatley researchers . . . anyone have a contact email for Janet Sandberg. Did you have any luck Christopher? 

What is written under his name??

What is written under his name??
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 12 July 16 13:09 BST (UK) »
If that is to Christopher... What is written under his name??
It is not getting any easier! To all those Flatley researchers . . . anyone have a contact email for Janet Sandberg. Did you have any luck Christopher? Janet had some very early posts around 2002+ but both emails attached to her posts are returned as undeliverable. Hope she is alive and well. She did a tremendous job in transcribing all those records at Claremorris. It must have been a mammoth job at the time.

Sadly, Cullenfamily, Christopher is deseased. It states under is name, also the date he posted was 2007.  Christopher was one of the loveliest, most helpful Irish gents I had the fortune to communicate with.  Missed by many on Rootschat. RIP Chris.

Cas

Indeed!

Offline cullenfamily

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 12 July 16 13:11 BST (UK) »
Yes, I now know, after being directed to the small print under his name. The time frame is not of great importance, although people who post up to 10 years or more away often change their email. I had one such contact many years ago who helped me enormously by giving me so much information on the Lyons family from Roscommon whom she had paid some organisation a great sum of money to research for her only to receive all this info that was not her line of the family at all. Which makes me weary of paying for research and not knowing if the researcher is on the right track at all. Anyway she had discovered from my posts that all the information she had was in fact my grandmother and her ancestors and she was very happy to pass it all onto me for free, much to my delight, as it saved me many years of searching. She was tracing a grand-aunt that had the same name as my grandmother and sadly I was not able to form any sort of link. She had only one query about one person listed on the research who was a live-in housekeeper in my grandfather's household and it related to her son and him sailing to the US. A few years later I managed to find out the answer to her query and tried to contact her but all her emails were returned. Such a shame. Whether she changed her email or, like your friend Christopher, had died, I will never know, but I dearly wanted to get in touch with her again to return the favour in some way. Such is life. However we all face a challenge in our research. We all hit a brick wall somewhere along the line. But we strive to keep going and hopefully this thread and others might help me along the way.

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 12 July 16 21:30 BST (UK) »
Just a matter of using Google  "Janet Sandberg, Claremorris" gets you

http://www.irelandgenweb.com/irlmay/records/ClaremorrisMarriages.htm

plus the original images are online free at nli.ie