Author Topic: Susan and Cynthia Posnett  (Read 609 times)

Offline David Posnett

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Susan and Cynthia Posnett
« on: Tuesday 19 April 16 22:10 BST (UK) »
Can anyone tell me what you can find about Susan or Cynthia Posnett from England, born between 1940 and 1944?

One had 4 kids and died shortly after the last child was born.

the other has 2 kids, and killed herslef when the eldest was killed in a car crash.
Salzer (Germany/Walworth (1900)), Posnett (London), Edwards (London/Surrey), Stout (Whitechapel), Proud (London/Chester)

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Susan and Cynthia Posnett
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 19 April 16 23:21 BST (UK) »
Their respective births are on freebmd www.freebmd.org.uk  mothers maiden name Carpenter.  Susan b 1940 and Cynthia 1944

Cynthia married in England 1961 but I will not mention her married name here as her husband is probably still alive

Their children will have been born in the 1960's or 70's so are still alive apart from the one you mention above.

What is your interest in them?  Are you related?
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline David Posnett

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 20 April 16 07:35 BST (UK) »
Hi Carole

The 2 girls were cousins of mine, daughters of James (Jimmy) Posnett who was my grandads brother.

I believe the 2 girls moved to South Africa. One of them had 4 children, and was killed in a car crash.  The other one had 2 children, but killed herself after the death of her sister.  Their dad Jimmy also died in South Africa.

I was wondering if any could find out the childrens details, and the death dates etc.
Salzer (Germany/Walworth (1900)), Posnett (London), Edwards (London/Surrey), Stout (Whitechapel), Proud (London/Chester)

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 20 April 16 11:11 BST (UK) »
Hi

Discrepancy here

The other one had 2 children, but killed herself after the death of her sister

The other has 2 kids, and killed herslef when the eldest was killed in a car crash

As mentioned above - Cynthia married in 1961 in England and Susan was also married so their deaths would not be under their maiden names.

Rootschat has a "no living persons" policy so the childrens details and the details of Susan & Cynthia's husbands would not be allowed as they are all probably still alive
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline David Posnett

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 20 April 16 11:13 BST (UK) »
Thank you for your help.

Offline 3sillydogs

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Durban South Africa
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 20 April 16 13:06 BST (UK) »
The only death listed in our archives that I can see is for a Rebecca Jane Ramsey nee Posnett and predeceased spouse Harry in 1953.  That file is unfortunately not online so can give no further information.

There is a marriage on Family Search  for  a Posnett

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:KDZS-2Q2   image attached to the record

can't be sure whether these are relations or not, but it doesn't seem to be a very common name in South Africa.
Paylet, Pallatt, Morris (Russia, UK) Burke, Hillery, Page, Rumsey, Stevens, Tyne/Thynne(UK)  Landman, van Rooyen, Tyne, Stevens, Rumsey, Visagie, Nell (South Africa)

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 20 April 16 13:19 BST (UK) »
The sisters were born in 1940 and 1944 in England

Although Cynthia married in England it's possible Susan married in SA but given she was born in 1944 her husband could still be alive so cannot be mentioned here

Offline 3sillydogs

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Durban South Africa
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 20 April 16 13:39 BST (UK) »

As said I can find no death notices on the archives for Susan or Cynthia, their maiden names would be listed on the file notice.  It is possible that it is too recent to have been put online yet, there seems to be a lag of around 30 years or so....
Paylet, Pallatt, Morris (Russia, UK) Burke, Hillery, Page, Rumsey, Stevens, Tyne/Thynne(UK)  Landman, van Rooyen, Tyne, Stevens, Rumsey, Visagie, Nell (South Africa)