Author Topic: Royal Artillery India 1920  (Read 1013 times)

Offline emre43

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Royal Artillery India 1920
« on: Wednesday 20 April 16 15:06 BST (UK) »
I have just received the service records for my great grandfather. According to these he served in the 58th Battery and the 24th Brigade of the Royal Artillery between 1920 and 1924 and was stationed in Rawalpindi. According to a user on another forum, those stationed at Rawalpindi during this period were either engaged in one of the Waziristan campaigns (either 1919-21 or 1921-24) or the Mahsud campaign (1919-20). However, according to the service records he was not engaged in a campaign, nor did he receive a medal. Could this have been accidental/an oversight? Were the 58th Battery involved in any of these campaigns?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks!

Tom

Offline t mo

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Royal Artillery India 1920
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 21 April 16 10:37 BST (UK) »
hi tom
can you give us his name please so I can look him up in FindMyPast  , only I,ve done a google search and not had any real luck on finding what regts of artillery or batteries were in india in your time frame probably just me not putting in right questions .
as an aside I had a gt uncle who was in india at the time of the Waziristan 1921 - 22 fracas  I have his campaign medal for it .
regards
trevor
morters-cambs-norfolk   clements london    copas newington
went colchester essex    goodey essex -suffolk

Offline 50sqnwopag

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Royal Artillery India 1920
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 08 May 18 23:07 BST (UK) »
Tom I've been wondering the same sort of thing for my gt grandad but he was 115/25 from 1920 to '27....lots of info on ww1 and ww2 on the RFA but not alot on the interwar yrs!