Author Topic: Boulton ancestors  (Read 1762 times)

Offline Gibby1968

• My email notifications have been turned off
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Boulton ancestors
« on: Thursday 21 April 16 13:02 BST (UK) »
I have a lot of information given to me a few years ago by a distant cousin that takes me from our 6x to our 11x great grandfather.

She says that the research was done for her by a professional researcher but I am having a lot of trouble verifying the information.

I am a member of Leicestershire and Rutland FHS and am considering buying some of their parish CD's as this branch of the family seems to come from most of the villages in Rutland so I am sure I would find something of interest but I wondered if any kind peeps here could give me a few tips please?

Thanks.

Offline Jomot

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Boulton ancestors
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 21 April 16 22:35 BST (UK) »
I have the Rutland Parish Registers 4xCD set (DVD3) and its very good, although each CD is broken down into baptisms, marriages & burials plus the same data then sorted different ways, so you can end up with lots of spreadsheets open at the same time trying to search & cross-reference.

I also have CD53, but although it says Leicestershire & Rutland, its mainly Leicestershire.

A lot of Rutland PRs BTs are also now on Ancestry
MORGAN: Glamorgan, Durham, Ohio. DAVIS/DAVIES/DAVID: Glamorgan, Ohio.  GIBSON: Leicestershire, Durham, North Yorkshire.  RAIN/RAINE: Cumberland.  TAYLOR: North Yorks. BOURDAS: North Yorks. JEFFREYS: Worcestershire & Northumberland. FORBES: Berwickshire, CHEESMOND: Durham/Northumberland. WINTER: Durham/Northumberland. SNOWBALL: Durham.

Offline Gibby1968

• My email notifications have been turned off
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Boulton ancestors
« Reply #2 on: Friday 22 April 16 11:51 BST (UK) »
I'll think about buying the CDs and I'll look on ancestry as well (if it'll let me).

I have been having trouble with an error coming up every time I try and check my tree hints since December 2015. 

They know about this and I am told they are working to solve it.  All this has happened since they made changes to the layout of the website.