Author Topic: Please help me look for ancestors of William Butterworth. Dead end  (Read 1755 times)

Offline Jomot

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
MORGAN: Glamorgan, Durham, Ohio. DAVIS/DAVIES/DAVID: Glamorgan, Ohio.  GIBSON: Leicestershire, Durham, North Yorkshire.  RAIN/RAINE: Cumberland.  TAYLOR: North Yorks. BOURDAS: North Yorks. JEFFREYS: Worcestershire & Northumberland. FORBES: Berwickshire, CHEESMOND: Durham/Northumberland. WINTER: Durham/Northumberland. SNOWBALL: Durham.

Offline hurworth

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Please help me look for ancestors of William Butterworth. Dead end
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 24 April 16 03:17 BST (UK) »

"As an aside, DIA told me recently that you can record these details for yourself in advance these days."
What do you mean by this sorry?

I was talking to a member of their staff when I was having finding the death of relative on the index.   I needed to find him in the index in order to order the printout.  There was a person with a very similar surname, but not the same date of death as on the headstone, so this man was able to tell me where the death was recorded (and based on that I decided it was unlikely to be the wrong man).

I joked that if my relatives get my details wrong I will come back and haunt them and said "the trouble is that the deceased isn't filling in their own details".  He said (but didn't explain how) that you can record those details yourself in advance these days,

Offline suzard

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Please help me look for ancestors of William Butterworth. Dead end
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 24 April 16 14:23 BST (UK) »
Parish register
Page 170 entry 340
Marriage solemnised in Parish Church(St Helens) in the Parish of Sandal Magna in the county of Yorks
William Butterworth full age (= 21 plus) Bachelor occ Clothe Manufacturer address Sandal father Matthew Butterworth occ Clothg Manufacturer
Emma Barron full age Spinster address Thornes father John Barron occ Clothg Manufacturer
marriage by licence performed by P.S. Escott
witnesses Mary hannah Denton & John Ellis
all signed

Suz
Thornhill, Cresswell, Sisson, Harriman, Cripps, Eyre, Walter, Marson, Battison, Holmes, Bailey, Hardman, Fairhurst Noon-mainly in Derbys/Notts-but also Northampton, Oxford, Leics, Lancs-England
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk