Author Topic: Trying to 'kill off' Aquila Wallett (or Cadwallader!)  (Read 1016 times)

Offline ggrocott

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I will find them eventually!
    • View Profile
Trying to 'kill off' Aquila Wallett (or Cadwallader!)
« on: Friday 22 April 16 17:50 BST (UK) »
I have been researching the Wallett/Cadwallader family of Wellington, Shropshire for many years and am amazed that to date I have been unable to find much about some of the more 'distinctively named members of the family.

Aquila was baptised  on 29 Dec 1799 in Wellington,Shropshire s of Isaac and Mary.

I believe he married Martha Dunning on 14 Jun 1824 in Wellington, All Saints, Shropshire,

I think I have found him in 1841 with
Martha   born c 1811   Shropshire,
Aris    born c   1826   Shropshire, (I have her baptised on 13 Feb 1831 in Wellington,Shropshire but nothing after 1841)
Mary    born c1836   Shropshire (I have nothing other than a baptism on 13 Feb 1831
Wellington for Mary Daughter of Martha and Aquilla Wallet, collier of Lawley Bank could be the same girl or an older sister, nothing after this)
Enoch   born c 1838   Shropshire, (I have not found a bp but think I have found him in census for 1861, 71 and 81 and a marriage in 1863 to Elizabeth Deakin)
Proculla   born c   1841   Shropshire. (I have her 25 Oct 1840 in Wellington, Shropshire but nothing after 1841)

and in 1851 with
Mary   Wife   born c 1802
Martha born c 1834   Pit Girl
Eliza   born c1836   Pit Girl
Edward born c1838   Pit Girl!   
Prudence born c1841 Pit Girl
All born Wellington

However, I note Martha has become Mary and none of the children 'fit'!  Nor can I find baptisms or anything in later census.

Surely there were not two Aquila Wallets born so close together in this area of Shropshire so maybe Martha died and Aquila remarried or maybe Martha and Mary are the same lady.

Neither can I find any trace of Aquila after 1861 or a death.

Any help filling the gaps would be much appreciated.
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Tagg, Bowyer (Berkshire/Surrey), Adams, Small, Pratt, Coles, Stevens, Cox (Bucks), Grocott, Slater, Dean, Hill (Staffs/Shropshire), Holloway, Flint, Warrington,Turnbull (London), Montague, Barrett (Herts), Hayward (Kent), Gallon, Knight, Ede, Tribe, Bunn, Northeast, Nicholds (Sussex) Penduck, Pinnell, Yeeles (Gloucs), Johns (Monmouth and Devon), Head (Bath), Tedbury, Bowyer (Somerset), Chapman, Barrett (Herts/Essex)

Offline mosiefish

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Trying to 'kill off' Aquila Wallett (or Cadwallader!)
« Reply #1 on: Friday 22 April 16 18:08 BST (UK) »
There is a death of an Aquilla Cadwallader in Wellington June Quarter1853.

Mo
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Lancs: Harrison, Entwistle, Devine, Grundy, Ashworth, Freeman, Jackson, Rushton
Cornwall: Rich, Binney, Peak(e)
Devon: Martin, Walter(s)

Offline mosiefish

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 22 April 16 18:19 BST (UK) »
That Aquila was aged 58 of Lawley Common? and was buried 26th June.

Mo
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Lancs: Harrison, Entwistle, Devine, Grundy, Ashworth, Freeman, Jackson, Rushton
Cornwall: Rich, Binney, Peak(e)
Devon: Martin, Walter(s)

Offline ggrocott

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I will find them eventually!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 22 April 16 18:21 BST (UK) »
Thank you for that, amazing what a fresh set of eyes can find - that is the first time he is shown with that spelling of Aquila or the surname Cadwallader.

I wonder if anyone else can find any more details - I shall have to have another go too.
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Tagg, Bowyer (Berkshire/Surrey), Adams, Small, Pratt, Coles, Stevens, Cox (Bucks), Grocott, Slater, Dean, Hill (Staffs/Shropshire), Holloway, Flint, Warrington,Turnbull (London), Montague, Barrett (Herts), Hayward (Kent), Gallon, Knight, Ede, Tribe, Bunn, Northeast, Nicholds (Sussex) Penduck, Pinnell, Yeeles (Gloucs), Johns (Monmouth and Devon), Head (Bath), Tedbury, Bowyer (Somerset), Chapman, Barrett (Herts/Essex)