Author Topic: Mary Sinclair born 14 September 1806 Kilmorack. Looking for her parents  (Read 1290 times)

Offline pwl1951

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Mary Sinclair born 14 September 1806 Kilmorack. Looking for her parents
« on: Saturday 23 April 16 16:53 BST (UK) »
I have Mary Sinclair born on 14 September 1806 in Kilmorack to Donald Sinclair and Agnes McGlachlan, but have not been able to find any further details about Donald or Agnes. She also had a sister Ann born 19 July 1808 also in Kilmorack.
I have tried SP without success and have tried various spellings of surnames. Have found 5 Agnes` between 1760 and 1810 but they are not from Inverness-shire. Too many Donald`s without having any more information.
Any help appreciated.
McIntyre/Fraser/McLachlan/Lister/Ferguson/Murray/Muir/Blackwood/Hutchison/Cochrane/Craig/Calderwood/McIntosh/Collie/Dott

Offline MelissaSinclair

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Mary Sinclair born 14 September 1806 Kilmorack. Looking for her parents
« Reply #1 on: Friday 12 April 19 21:04 BST (UK) »
Hello. Can't remember if I replied before. I have A great great grandfather Alexander Sinclair who lived in Kilmorack. He would have been born around the same time. In the 1830's his family seemed to be the only Sinclairs in Kilmorack. I don't have any info on his parents and wondered if there could be a link with your Mary. Melissa Sinclair

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 13 April 19 20:32 BST (UK) »
Hi Melissa

Welcome to RootChat  :)

Did your Alexander live past 1855 and die in Scotland? If so, have you checked his death cert to see what mention is made of his parents' names?

Monica
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline MelissaSinclair

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 14 April 19 08:23 BST (UK) »
Hi. Apologies. I had more information than I thought as a woman who ran a historical society around Kilmorack made a chart for me about 10 years ago. My Alexander was born about 1803 in Kilmorack to Malcolm Sinclair and Ann Fraser. He had a number of siblings - Catherine (1800), Ann (1806) and Mary (1807), Margaret (1809), Eliza (1812), Archibald (1813). I have family/marriage info for some of the others but not Mary. So not  sure how certain you are about Mary's parents.  Melissa

Offline pwl1951

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 14 June 23 20:53 BST (UK) »
Going through some old emails, I have come across one I had missed.
David Sinclair was definitely the father, but no mother listed on the birth record.
From Scotland`s People - OPR100_000_0010_0622Z (3)
McIntyre/Fraser/McLachlan/Lister/Ferguson/Murray/Muir/Blackwood/Hutchison/Cochrane/Craig/Calderwood/McIntosh/Collie/Dott