Author Topic: Ruth Patricia Mollard  (Read 4667 times)

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
Re: Ruth Patricia Mollard
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday 18 January 17 16:39 GMT (UK) »
From the info on the 1924 border crossing we can assume that Ruth MOLLARD was born in December 1923 or January 1924 in Moose Jaw Saskatchewan.  Robert travelling with a 3 month old child with no wife along gives me a very strong suspicion that Ruth's mother died in childbirth or shortly afterwards.  This means that Mabel CHIPMAN was likely Ruth's stepmother. 

Sorry, I disagree - Robert or Birrell was single in the 1921 Census Saskatchewan - as to was Mabel Chipman in Saskatchewan and according to the 1930 Census 8 Part of Precinct 7 Detroit, Wayne, Michigan given in reply 1 - Robert was first married at age 23 years - Mabel was first married at age 20.

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:33SQ-GRHD-SRJ?mode=g&i=25&cc=1810731

Mabel Mollard, Ruth Mollard and Robert crossed the border departing 20 March 1924 arriving 21 March 1924 Pembina, Minnesota and North Dakota

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline manawakian

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Thursday 19 January 17 12:49 GMT (UK) »
My bad, Mabel did cross the border with Robert & Ruth but was registered separately because of her US citizenship.  Never thought of searching for her separately for border crossing.

Offline 4Happy Dogs

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Saturday 15 April 17 22:33 BST (UK) »
I am Cathy McPherson the daughter of Phyllis Ann Mollard (then married Robert Alexander), her sister was Ruth Mollard that married a New Zealand Airforce pilot Athol Cresswell after the second world war and immigrated to New Zealand where she raised Dennis, David, Leonard, and Lillian.  I know a good deal about our family, and several individuals within Canada and myself have a good deal of family information we can provide.   So perhaps we know each other already.

Offline juleznz

• RootsChat Member
  • who am i
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Saturday 15 April 17 22:51 BST (UK) »
Hi Cathy :) i posted this a year ago when i first started researching this branch.Since then ive made strides into family tree and have recently had contact with aunty Elva
good to hear from you
julez
I am Cathy McPherson the daughter of Phyllis Ann Mollard (then married Robert Alexander), her sister was Ruth Mollard that married a New Zealand Airforce pilot Athol Cresswell after the second world war and immigrated to New Zealand where she raised Dennis, David, Leonard, and Lillian.  I know a good deal about our family, and several individuals within Canada and myself have a good deal of family information we can provide.   So perhaps we know each other already.
BIXLEY- any
SALT -Staffordshire eng
CRESSWELL -Nelson NZ Cornwall Eng

BROWN-England-Gisborne NZ Whaling connection
Scotland Interests
Fife- Fortune,Mason,Motion,Gray,
Fenwick and Loundoun Parishes-HOWIE/WYLIE/YOUNG/WOODBURN/MITCHEL
USA/British America interests
HOWLAND/VANSICKLE/TILLEY/LOTHROPP/COBB
 Canada ---MOLLARD-
,SIGGLEKOW/SCHWASS-Nelson NZ,

Offline 4Happy Dogs

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Sunday 16 April 17 15:04 BST (UK) »
So you are to me an unknown family member.  How are you related?   I don't do much genealogy but always interested in family and I have a nephew that sent me your original post.  I am sure if you have talked to Elva - my cousins (ex) wife, you also have information on how to contact Louise Ames which recently wrote me  " I am Louise Mollard, daughter of James Oswald Fortune Mollard and Helen Campbell.  My dad was a brother of Birrell, Isabelle and Margaret,..." she has an extensive family history documented.  You may also wish to contact Margaret Hesthammer that has a wonderful memory and lives on Gabriola Island.  We saw her last year and even though quite frail with her advanced age is delightful resource.  You may e-mail me or call if you wish but I don't think we are suppose to post this information on this site.  Elva will have my contact information. 

Back in the day the borders were not secure and ranchers/farmers quite often utilized land on both sides of the borders.  The same is true of my father's family that was sheep ranching - a few of my father's brother and sisters were born in Canada others were born in the US.

Cathy

Offline juleznz

• RootsChat Member
  • who am i
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Sunday 16 April 17 22:19 BST (UK) »
Thank you i am Athols  Grandchild..ive tracked 13 generations of Ruths family tree so you are my birth mum Lilians cousin
So you are to me an unknown family member.  How are you related?   I don't do much genealogy but always interested in family and I have a nephew that sent me your original post.  I am sure if you have talked to Elva - my cousins (ex) wife, you also have information on how to contact Louise Ames which recently wrote me  " I am Louise Mollard, daughter of James Oswald Fortune Mollard and Helen Campbell.  My dad was a brother of Birrell, Isabelle and Margaret,..." she has an extensive family history documented.  You may also wish to contact Margaret Hesthammer that has a wonderful memory and lives on Gabriola Island.  We saw her last year and even though quite frail with her advanced age is delightful resource.  You may e-mail me or call if you wish but I don't think we are suppose to post this information on this site.  Elva will have my contact information. 

Back in the day the borders were not secure and ranchers/farmers quite often utilized land on both sides of the borders.  The same is true of my father's family that was sheep ranching - a few of my father's brother and sisters were born in Canada others were born in the US.

Cathy
BIXLEY- any
SALT -Staffordshire eng
CRESSWELL -Nelson NZ Cornwall Eng

BROWN-England-Gisborne NZ Whaling connection
Scotland Interests
Fife- Fortune,Mason,Motion,Gray,
Fenwick and Loundoun Parishes-HOWIE/WYLIE/YOUNG/WOODBURN/MITCHEL
USA/British America interests
HOWLAND/VANSICKLE/TILLEY/LOTHROPP/COBB
 Canada ---MOLLARD-
,SIGGLEKOW/SCHWASS-Nelson NZ,

Offline Cathy McPherson

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Wednesday 03 November 21 23:14 GMT (UK) »
I ran across an old post and just touching basis.  I am Cathy Lee McPherson, one daughter of Phyllis Ann Mollard (married name Alexander), that is the sister of Ruth Patricia Mollard.  I have some history of the family, some photos, some knowledge of other family members from Ruth's children and grandchildren.  I will be glad to assist with information.  This is a new platform for me (Rootschat).  I do see that I have posted things in the past years ago, but didn't recall doing so.  My 74 year old mind is a bit fuzzy about the history.  I did go visit Ruth and the kids when I was 17, and again a visit to Ruth and Stuart after I married my husband, a few years before she passed.   I live in Pocatello, Idaho, USA.  Feel free to contact me.    Cathy