Author Topic: NSW Victoria Cross Recipients  (Read 456 times)

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
NSW Victoria Cross Recipients
« on: Friday 29 April 16 05:03 BST (UK) »
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline DavidG02

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: NSW Victoria Cross Recipients
« Reply #1 on: Friday 27 May 16 12:19 BST (UK) »
Interesting to see Reginald Roy Inwood on there as SA claims him as well. Born and schooled ( partly) in SA and indeed Broken Hill. Inwood was mining in Broken Hill when the war broke out and enlisted in SA. Fought the war and returned to Broken Hill where his homecoming wasn't well received by himself. Returned to Adelaide and lived ( mostly) there dying in 1971.

An interesting side note his brother Robert died in the same action Arthur Blackburn received his VC.

RR Inwood is my great Grandmothers cousin and I claim descent from his grandfather. 

Genealogy-Its a family thing

Paternal: Gibbins,McNamara, Jenkins, Schumann,  Inwood, Sheehan, Quinlan, Tierney, Cole

Maternal: Munn, Simpson , Brighton, Clayfield, Westmacott, Corbell, Hatherell, Blacksell/Blackstone, Boothey , Muirhead

Son: Bull, Kneebone, Lehmann, Cronin, Fowler, Yates, Biglands, Rix, Carpenter, Pethick, Carrick, Male, London, Jacka, Tilbrook, Scott, Hampshire, Buckley

Brickwalls-   Schumann, Simpson,Westmacott/Wennicot
Scott, Cronin
Gedmatch Kit : T812072

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
Re: NSW Victoria Cross Recipients
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 28 May 16 02:47 BST (UK) »
Yes, among the opening pages of the 105 page pdf is the “Index of Victoria Cross recipients by New South Wales electorate (includes recipients who were born in the electorate or resided in the electorate on date of enlistment)” and Reginald Roy INWOOD is listed in that index for the NSW electorate of Barwon.   He enlisted 24 August 1914, and gave his mum as his next of kin.

NSW ER 1913 polling at Argent Street (Broken Hill)
Edward INWOOD, Wolfram Street, miner
Mary Ann INWOOD, Wolfram Street, domestic duties
Reginald Roy INWOOD, Wolfram Street, miner

Likely that roll was prepared for the 6 December 1913 elections in NSW. 

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.