Author Topic: NWN when digitized?  (Read 2812 times)

Offline newburychap

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: NWN when digitized?
« Reply #9 on: Friday 14 April 17 22:55 BST (UK) »
Didn't realise you could vote without being a subscriber - start voting folks!
Latest project - www.westberkshirewarmemorials.org.uk
Currently researching:<br /> Newbury pubs  & inns - the buildings, breweries and publican families.
Member of Newbury District Field Club - www.ndfc.org.uk

Offline Sloe Gin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 15 April 17 01:00 BST (UK) »
They are fundraising - and, from what I hear, are well short of the target needed to get the project off the ground.  The British Library project may get there first.

How are they going about this and publicising it?

I'm pretty sure the lack of support has led to them giving up the idea.

I never even knew they were fundraising until I saw your post here.  I would have supported it if I'd known. It should have been better publicised.
UK census content is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk  Transcriptions are my own.

Offline newburychap

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 29 August 17 17:44 BST (UK) »
Three years (1870-1872) have very recently appeared on the British Newspaper Archive site.

Yipee!
Latest project - www.westberkshirewarmemorials.org.uk
Currently researching:<br /> Newbury pubs  & inns - the buildings, breweries and publican families.
Member of Newbury District Field Club - www.ndfc.org.uk

Offline dee-jay

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 06 October 17 06:05 BST (UK) »
Three years (1870-1872) have very recently appeared on the British Newspaper Archive site.

Yipee!

I had feared that the Newbury Weekly News would not feature on-line in my lifetime but my prayers have been answered!  It seems that the process has recently started, with Edition No. 153 - 6 January 1870, which is the injection I needed to become research active again:  wonderful in-depth local news reporting from its inception, including Kingsclere items and a few other North Hampshire parishes.

The BNA website shows that the years 1867-1873 are in, or planned for, but as from 25 Aug 2017 the earliest issue is 6 Jan 1870 and the latest 24 Dec 1872. 

Eureka!
SOM/Chard/Combe St Nicholas/Ilminster:  Dean[e]/Doble/Jeffery/Burt;  DEV/Yarcombe:  Dean/Gill/Every; 
BRK/Newbury:  Westall/Green/Lewis/Canning;  WIL/Allcannings:  Hiscock/Amor;  Froxfield:  Hobbs/Green;  HAM/Kingsclere:  Martin/Hiscock/Westall;  WAR/Marton/Bubbenhall:  Glenn/Holmes;  STS/Yoxall/Hamstall Ridware/Barton-u-Needwood:  Holmes/Dainty;  STS/Brewood/Codsall/Penkridge/Hatherton:  Dean[e]; GLA/Aberdare:  Dean/Dane

Census information: Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk