Author Topic: Christopher Hall, bur 1801 New Malton, St Leonard, Yorkshire  (Read 1046 times)

Offline Westy11

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Christopher Hall, bur 1801 New Malton, St Leonard, Yorkshire
« on: Monday 02 May 16 09:06 BST (UK) »
I was reading the burial entry for Christopher Hall.  According to the entry in the register "...Christopher Hall Merchant within the Alter Rails 63".

So am I correct that Christopher was 63 at his death and is buried within the actual church of Malton St Leonard and actually within the Alter Rails?

1] If this is so would it be possible for photographs to be taken of his last resting place? 

2] I was reading in wikipedia that "...The Church was built by the Gilbertine order as a chapel of ease for Malton Priory. The church passed into the hands of the Church of England after the dissolution of the monasteries by Henry VIII. In 1971 the Church was restored to Catholic hands when the Church of England gave it to the Catholics of Malton in an ecumenical gesture."

If this is so I am assuming Christopher was of the Church of England at his death.  Now that the Church is owned by the Catholic Church would his relations have removed his remains from the place of rest?

This may seem like a strange question but I wonder about these things ???

Westy

Offline amanda0901

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Christopher Hall, bur 1801 New Malton, St Leonard, Yorkshire
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 07 January 17 21:18 GMT (UK) »
Hi, Westy

I know this is an old post, but I'm just catching up!

I live very close to the church, so if you're still wondering about Christopher I can have a look for you. It'll be sometime in the next week I would imagine.  Let me know if you'd still like to find out!

Offline Westy11

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Christopher Hall, bur 1801 New Malton, St Leonard, Yorkshire
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 08 January 17 02:07 GMT (UK) »
Hello Amanda,

That you would do this for me is much appreciated.  Christopher s line back in time has been a real brick wall so I am attempting to grasp as many clues as possible in the hope one day I will get the bit that makes it all fit together.

I will send you a PM.

Westy