Author Topic: Richardsons in Cardiff  (Read 804 times)

Offline MattD30

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Richardsons in Cardiff
« on: Wednesday 04 May 16 20:08 BST (UK) »
I don't know if anyone can help but I'm looking for some details on a couple of people in Cardiff in the early to mid 20th century.

Firstly I am hoping someone might be able to check for the christening of Arthur Edward Richardson. He was born 19 July 1920 in Cardiff and died 19 December 1923. He is buried in Caerau Cemetery.

The other thing I am hoping someone can check any local directories for the address of Charles Ernest and Mary Richardson between about 1920 and 1940. Charles and Mary were Arthur's parents and I'm trying to work out when they died. They also had another son, Charles Ernest (born 1914 Alverstoke, Hampshire) who died 20 August 1943 in Cardiff.

Any help with the above would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Matt

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Richardsons in Cardiff
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 04 May 16 21:43 BST (UK) »
Hi parents of the Arthur Edward Richardson were Charles E Richardson who married a Maud M Cantle March qtr 1914 Alverstoke 2b 861 they along with Charles E b 17th April 1914 plus others by the same couple, are in Cardiff if you search 1939
Keyboard86
Pelly/Pelley/Kingsbury/Challis/Nalder/Rochester/Raydenbow

UK Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline MattD30

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 06 May 16 00:13 BST (UK) »
Hi parents of the Arthur Edward Richardson were Charles E Richardson who married a Maud M Cantle March qtr 1914 Alverstoke 2b 861 they along with Charles E b 17th April 1914 plus others by the same couple, are in Cardiff if you search 1939
Keyboard86

Hi there

Yes that's correct. I have Charles and Maud's marriage and know the years of birth of children. However I don't know Arthur's christening date or death/burial date.

Not essential though as this is not a direct branch of my tree but I would like to know at least when he was born/christened and who he married.

Thanks again

Matt

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 06 May 16 14:20 BST (UK) »
Hi again Matt, slightly confused you in your original post give both birth/death and place of burial for Arthur, and you are aware of both birth/death date of Charles Ernest, is it his place of burial you are after?

Maud M Richardson b abt 1890 died December 1954 Cardiff 8b 188 aged 64

Charles E Richardson b abt 1886 died December qtr 1966 Cardiff 8b 218 aged 80
Keyboard86
Pelly/Pelley/Kingsbury/Challis/Nalder/Rochester/Raydenbow

UK Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 06 May 16 19:22 BST (UK) »
However I don't know Arthur's christening date or death/burial date.

Not essential though as this is not a direct branch of my tree but I would like to know at least when he was born/christened and who he married.

Thanks again

Matt

If he was born on 19 July 1920 and died on 19 December 1923 (as in your first post), surely he wasn't married  ???
CARDIFF:Lord,Griffiths,Barry,Cope,Mahoney ~ PEMBROKESHIRE:Griffiths,Rees,Owen,Thomas ~ ESSEX:Lord,Foreman,Hatch ~ SOMERSET:Lord,Cox,Hockey,Linham,Bryant ~ STAFFORDSHIRE:Cope,Elks,Hackney,Gallimore,Davenport ~ SUFFOLK:Lord,Lockwood,Hatch,Rix,Foreman ~ IRELAND:Barry,Meany,Cummins,Grogan ~
PONTYPRIDD:Leigh,Brooks,Adams,Davies,Thomas ~ KENT:Leigh ~ CHESHIRE:Adams,Tudor,Illidge ~ DENBIGHSHIRE:Edwards,Bolas ~BRECON:Leigh,Thomas,Davies ~SOMERSET:Adams,Keitch,Bridge ~ABERGAVENNY:Minton ~ MERTHYR:.....

Offline MattD30

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 06 May 16 21:05 BST (UK) »
However I don't know Arthur's christening date or death/burial date.

Thanks again

Matt

If he was born on 19 July 1920 and died on 19 December 1923 (as in your first post), surely he wasn't married  ???

Sorry that was a typo. Wasn't thinking.