Author Topic: Jeanie Henderson McCamon (nee Muir) - John (Jock) Keohone  (Read 1875 times)

Offline rosball

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • John Scott Henderson 1853 Scotland -1919 Vic
    • View Profile
Re: Jeanie Henderson McCamon (nee Muir) - John (Jock) Keohone
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 05 May 16 06:39 BST (UK) »
By the way in my search for Anne, daughter of Jeanie, I did a quick search on Scotland's People as I had a few spare credits.   I can eliminate the possibility of 1940 marriage of Annabella to Wm FORD as she had different parents.
Let's not tolerate bullying !
Herrington Kent  Henderson Scotland Kerr Scotland Reston Scotland  Smith Scotland  Kellow Cornwall  Doney Cornwall  Wadeson Lancashire  Whiteley Yorkshire Gregan Ireland

Offline jonacris

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 06 May 16 08:33 BST (UK) »
Thank you all soooo  much for the treasure trove of information.

The balance of probabilities indicates that my search for Auntie Jean is finally over, even though there are just a couple of anomalies!

I didn't know that she had a daughter Anne and a search of Scotland's People does show someone of that name born in 1949 in Kilmarnock, however Aunty Jean would have been 48 years of age!

Although her mother was named Jeanie there is some confusion as to her father's name. On her marriage certificate it is given as Andrew not Joseph.

Thank you all once again for taking the trouble to help me.

Best regards, John

Offline rosball

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 07 May 16 02:05 BST (UK) »
Hi John,
  If you were tempted buy a death certificate there is a cheaper alternative of a transcription which they e-mail to you.   The first agent has a $19 happy hour fee  :)  Usually they are $20.

http://www.bdm.nsw.gov.au/Pages/family-history/family-history.aspx
Scroll down to the bottom of the page where it lists transcription agents.

You can also order partial transcriptions or a single field (say children of deceased? possibly informant although not specifically listed?) for smaller amounts of money.

regards
   Ros
Herrington Kent  Henderson Scotland Kerr Scotland Reston Scotland  Smith Scotland  Kellow Cornwall  Doney Cornwall  Wadeson Lancashire  Whiteley Yorkshire Gregan Ireland

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 07 May 16 02:59 BST (UK) »
I didn't know that she had a daughter Anne and a search of Scotland's People does show someone of that name born in 1949 in Kilmarnock, however Aunty Jean would have been 48 years of age!

Best regards, John

Of course it is not uncommon to find a married couple registering the birth of a grandchild in their own family name for a number of possible reasons. Often the care of the child is ongoing.
I only raise this as one possible line of thought ;D

Sue
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline jonacris

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 10 May 16 15:52 BST (UK) »
Hello Ros & Sue and thank you for your latest replies.

I've just noticed that Aunty Jean's father-in-law was named Joseph, maybe they were close and she considered him as her father. It's another promising clue! I've been in touch with an agent today for a transcription of her death certificate, when all will become clear!

With regard to Anne, it's a possibility that I didn't consider even though I've recently discovered a similar scenario on another branch of my tree. There are no obvious candidates at first glance so Anne will have to remain a mystery for the time being.

Thanks again.

Best regards, John

Offline jonacris

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 23 May 16 15:37 BST (UK) »
Hello again, thanks to all your efforts I have found my elusive ancestor

Unbeknown to me, my daughter, who lives in Cairns, telephoned the funeral director from the Gold Coast Bulletin obituary, who in turn contacted the family, who in turn telephoned my daughter to confirm that Aunty Jean did in fact move to Australia, where she died in 1977.

In the meantime, I contacted a transcription agent but to date have had no reply.

Last Friday, I spoke to Aunty Jean's grand-daughter in Queensland and finally got to know the person I'd been looking for, for so long.

Thanks again for all your help.

Best regards, John

Offline rosball

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 23 May 16 20:27 BST (UK) »
 That's wonderful John  :). Thanks for letting us know.

Cheers,
  Ros