Author Topic: Seeking Irish Ancestors/Family of James and Elizabeth Hunt, and William Sullivan  (Read 1096 times)

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
http://www.freebmd.org.uk

Shows death index December quarter 1873 Bethnal Green vol 1c pg 178

James Hunt 0 years

I think that might be the Hackney burial
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Searching Ireland

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Seeking Irish Ancestors/Family of James and Elizabeth Hunt, and William Sullivan
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 14 May 16 20:25 BST (UK) »
In theory, this baby James can be eliminated from the equasion, in that the couple had two year old James in the 1871 Census, and he would have been four years old in 1873... I did read that there were outbreaks of smallpox in the Canning Town/West Ham areas, which may account for the early deaths of James (father) and Betsy.

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Seeking Irish Ancestors/Family of James and Elizabeth Hunt, and William Sullivan
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 14 May 16 20:57 BST (UK) »
I mean that I think the Hackney burial is baby James and nothing to do with your family.

I can't see a death in 1873 for your adult James in the indexes. Do you have one?
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Searching Ireland

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 14 May 16 21:06 BST (UK) »
The one I have appears to be the one you found... and now sets me thinking. If this is not father James, what happened to him. Other than a mention in Lawrence's wedding register, he disappears after the appearance of the family in 1871. The plot deepens.