Author Topic: Archibald Winsor of Devon  (Read 2449 times)

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Archibald Winsor of Devon
« Reply #9 on: Friday 13 May 16 15:31 BST (UK) »
Aw what a sad story...poor little man  :'(
A clean up from me.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 13 May 16 15:41 BST (UK) »
An alternative choice for you.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 13 May 16 16:05 BST (UK) »
Lastly..a light touch of colour.
Carol

Offline maufleury

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 14 May 16 02:45 BST (UK) »
Carol, thank you so much! You did a wonderful job of bringing the photo to life! I really appreciate it!

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 14 May 16 09:32 BST (UK) »
You're very welcome and I'm pleased that you are happy with the result.
Carol

Offline loord74

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 14 May 16 12:45 BST (UK) »
try

Offline maufleury

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 16 May 16 01:36 BST (UK) »
That looks great, loord74!! My grandfather was described as having a dark complexion, dark hair and brown eyes and this description was given all his life on the documents I have including his entry into the Royal Canadian Navy Volunteer Reserve here in Canada in 1917......complexion dark and so forth. Even his brothers' entries into British army and Navy describe them as dark just as his father was dark, black hair and so forth. So thank you so much for your work.

Offline loord74

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 16 May 16 05:52 BST (UK) »
That looks great, loord74!! My grandfather was described as having a dark complexion, dark hair and brown eyes and this description was given all his life on the documents I have including his entry into the Royal Canadian Navy Volunteer Reserve here in Canada in 1917......complexion dark and so forth. Even his brothers' entries into British army and Navy describe them as dark just as his father was dark, black hair and so forth. So thank you so much for your work.

You are welcome maufleury