Author Topic: Berkshire Parish Registers Coming Online?  (Read 5708 times)

Offline ribbo39

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Berkshire Parish Registers Coming Online?
« Reply #45 on: Thursday 17 May 18 20:01 BST (UK) »
Hi hurworth,

I think we are getting away from the heading and suggest you may like to start a new thread.

In the meantime there are a few entries that you may be interested in (all Gt.Coxwell, Berks);

13-12-1840 Thomas Thrupp bapt.  (s/o John & Mary)

19-11-1864 Thomas Thrupp, fa, bach, labr, (s/o John, Labr)  to
Elizabeth Woodward, fa, sp, (d/o Darius, labr.)

5-5-1868 Elizabeth Thrupp bur. aged 37, of Gt.Coxwell.

28-10-1829 John Thrupp married Mary Robey

Hope these help.

Alan
Browse, Peggs, Revans/Revance/Ribbans, Spall,   in Suffolk/Norfolk
Belcher, Elderfield, Froude, Saunders,  Stimson, Tame,   in Berks
Artis, Gray in Norfolk

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline smudwhisk

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Smudgie (1997-2017)
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Thursday 17 May 18 22:22 BST (UK) »
Hi hurworth,

I think we are getting away from the heading and suggest you may like to start a new thread.

ribbo, hurworth had posted about the fact that some of Familysearch's microfilms for Berkshire are available to view at FHCs which may be of interest to other RCers.  I offered to check that the marriage he was interested in was definitely in Shrivenham, you pipped me to it.  From reading the reply, hurworth I believe was just giving context to your response rather than asking for information from Great Coxwell.

My suggestion to hurworth about contacting Familysearch to see if we can get the digitised PR made available still stands though.  If more than one of us does this, perhaps they'll fix the problem sooner than later as I believe its an issue rather than restricted access for those registers as copies are held at places other than the SLC Library.
(KENT) Lingwell, Rayment (BUCKS) Read, Hutchins (SRY) Costin, Westbrook (DOR) Gibbs, Goreing (DUR) Green (ESX) Rudland, Malden, Rouse, Boosey (FIFE) Foulis, Russell (NFK) Johnson, Farthing, Purdy, Barsham (GLOS) Collett, Morris, Freebury, May, Kirkman (HERTS) Winchester, Linford (NORTHANTS) Bird, Brimley, Chater, Wilford, Read, Chapman, Jeys, Marston, Lumley (WILTS) Arden, Whatley, Batson, Gleed, Greenhill (SOM) Coombs, Watkins (RUT) Stafford (BERKS) Sansom, Angel, Young, Stratton, Weeks, Day

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline newburychap

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Thursday 31 May 18 19:07 BST (UK) »
I wanted to look at a Newbury PR while I was last at Kew - but it was not available via the normal LDS system. I enquired and one of their volunteers was able to call the film up on screen for me to look through - apparently it was not on the main system because it had not yet been indexed.
Latest project - www.westberkshirewarmemorials.org.uk
Currently researching:
 Newbury pubs  & inns - the buildings, breweries and publican families.
Member of Newbury District Field Club - www.ndfc.org.uk

Offline smudwhisk

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Smudgie (1997-2017)
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Thursday 31 May 18 22:13 BST (UK) »
Interesting NC, did it have a DGS number against it in the catalogue but with no camera icon? 

If that was the case, it seems some of the "staff" know how to access the films in different ways.  Mind you I think the volunteers at the FHC I go to aren't popular with the powers above as they have been trying to find out what is happening with those that have DGS numbers but aren't accessible, and now are getting ignored when they ask.  These are church members too. :-\
(KENT) Lingwell, Rayment (BUCKS) Read, Hutchins (SRY) Costin, Westbrook (DOR) Gibbs, Goreing (DUR) Green (ESX) Rudland, Malden, Rouse, Boosey (FIFE) Foulis, Russell (NFK) Johnson, Farthing, Purdy, Barsham (GLOS) Collett, Morris, Freebury, May, Kirkman (HERTS) Winchester, Linford (NORTHANTS) Bird, Brimley, Chater, Wilford, Read, Chapman, Jeys, Marston, Lumley (WILTS) Arden, Whatley, Batson, Gleed, Greenhill (SOM) Coombs, Watkins (RUT) Stafford (BERKS) Sansom, Angel, Young, Stratton, Weeks, Day