Author Topic: Henrietta and Francis Taudevin of Guernsey 1860s to where?  (Read 969 times)

Offline student325

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Henrietta and Francis Taudevin of Guernsey 1860s to where?
« on: Sunday 15 May 16 09:48 BST (UK) »
I have found the Taudevins are related to me.

Thomas Taudevin was a shopkeeper in St Peter Port and he and his wife died 1897/9 in the town.  His will makes no mention of any of his children!!  He leaves everything to his niece Elvira Taudevin who dies about 1912.

His children were:
* Henrietta Elizabeth Taudevin 6 July 1845 born Guernsey
* Ernest Taudevin about 1848, living with mother's cousin Rebecca Buggins in 1871, Hove, and dies 1873 in Queensland
* Francis Taudevin 25 Dec 1855 born Guernsey

Can anyone suggest what happened to either surviving child?!

I combed through the Guernsey marriages on microfilm at Kew finding nothing.  I wonder if Henrietta married William John Rose of Guernsey (they are together from 1891 through 1911).  I didn't check her death record.

I note an orphan cousin took the name Wilson based on a name of someone on the boat while coming out to New Zealand.  Their uncle lived in Tasmania and two aunts married in Adelaide.  Various female family members worked as nursery nurses in England prior to marriage/ emigration.  Sidney Taudevin in Queensland has quite a large family.

All three children are at home in 1861 and none of them in 1871!

http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=r0107dav18&id=I22633
SOM: CREED, HAINE, MURROW, BOND, PORTCH
CRN: SHUGG, BOWDEN, PEARCE, TREWHELLA, HARRIS, HUNTER, RODDA, LOWRY, MARSHALL, BURN, STEPHENS
GLA/CARM: MORTON, MORGAN, EVANS (CADOXTON)
MON: EVANS (BASSALEG)
PEM: FRANCIS, PHILLIPS
DBY: CARLINE, FOX, BAGSHAW, ROBINSON
NBL: GIBSON, DODD, CHARLTON, HEPPELL
CUM: DODD, MOSES
WES: AIREY, BARNETT, MELLRAY, HOLME
NFK: SMITH, FLOWERS, LAIN, MANSER, LANE
IRE: WALSH, CLEARY, DAWSON, CARROLL
.... Yes I am a mongrel!