Author Topic: Linking family trees  (Read 942 times)

Offline kimmit

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Linking family trees
« on: Tuesday 17 May 16 10:15 BST (UK) »
Hello
I am in need of help please I am very new to all of this so any help would be really greatly appreciated, I am looking for Ronald William Drinkwater b 18 July 1913 Gloucester d 30 Aug 1996 Cottingham east Yorkshire and his wife Joyce Mary Drinkwater nee Hunter b 1 July 1914 Buckhaven, Scotland d 24 Aug 1986 Cottingham East Yorkshire, I have been told maybe lived in Beverley, but not sure, I am really sorry but this is all the information I have on them, so if any one is able to help with some information of what cemetery they are in or maybe a grave photo I would be very greatfull, with the kindness of thanks for your time kind regards Kim

Offline sunflower

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Linking family trees
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 17 May 16 12:43 BST (UK) »
What information are you looking for?  Are you trying to get further back or just looking for descendants of this couple.

Carol
Derby- Bamford,Slater,Marriott,Lee,Fox,Hopkinson,Hawksley, Furniss, Froggatt, Stodd.
Notts - Breeding, Lacey Marriott ,Kershaw,Chambers,Geeson,Mitchell,Watts,Potts,Slack,Robinson, Cooper
Yorkshire - Potts, Bell, Derbyshire, Kershaw
Worcestershire - Dyson, Summers, Dearn, Jones
Warwickshire - Russon
Leicestershire - Stodd, Sarson, Berridge, Watts, Bradshaw.
Middlesex / Surrey - Markham, Pearce, Kalaher, Barrett

This information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline kimmit

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 18 May 16 01:09 BST (UK) »
Carol
with many thanks for the reply, as I am so new to all of this I just thought that I would look for Ronald Drinkwater and his wife Joyce Drinkwater nee Hunter, as I am following my grandmothers line of the hunter family, so just baby steps for now till I know what I am doing, I think the Drinkwater's last known address was Beverley in East Cottingham England so was just looking for information on where they were buried or cremated and or even a grave photo, again thank you so much for your help it is greatly appreciated with kind regards Kim

Offline Pinetree

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 18 May 16 07:15 BST (UK) »
Hi Kim,

Sorry I have not been able to track down their final resting places but from the UK Wills index I found that when Joyce died her address was 192 Hallgate, Cottingham (probate was granted at Leeds 28 Oct 1986).  Probate for Ronald was also granted at Leeds on 27 Nov 1996 but the index for that year does not give an address unfortunately.

I Googled the address and found a interesting connection to Philip Larkin and also a photo of the house:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/summonedbyfells/6074421108

It seems Ronald was a colleague of Larkin's at University of Hull.

Pinetree

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline kimmit

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 18 May 16 08:16 BST (UK) »
pinetree
wow this is just fantastic, thank you so very much, I am overwhelmed by your generosity  the photo of the house is brilliant, thank you, my search will continue for them, by this I may be able to do a bit more searching at least I know I am in the right place, again thank you if I was there I would give you a hug, it means so much, thank you for your help