Author Topic: Jarvis William (Willie) Thorpe  (Read 1986 times)

Offline BoBo

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Jarvis William (Willie) Thorpe
« Reply #9 on: Monday 03 April 17 18:40 BST (UK) »
Hi
Many thanks for your message.  It's great to find someone else researching Jarvis Thorpe! I am very willing to share any information that I have so please let me know how you want to proceed.
Yes Jarvis Thorpe is really very difficult to research as the name changes all the time.  I am researching the Thorpe family for a friend who's mother's maiden name was Thorpe!  I was hoping to find a link with an Arthur White but so far no luck.
Hope to hear from you soon.
BoBo

UK - Dunn, Lands, Knight, Wickes, Hawkins, Rumbelow, Low & Jolly
Malta - Camilleri, Aguis Delicata, Sciberras & Navarro

Offline Spode

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 03 April 17 21:49 BST (UK) »
Hi
Many thanks for your message.  It's great to find someone else researching Jarvis Thorpe! I am very willing to share any information that I have so please let me know how you want to proceed.
Yes Jarvis Thorpe is really very difficult to research as the name changes all the time.  I am researching the Thorpe family for a friend who's mother's maiden name was Thorpe!  I was hoping to find a link with an Arthur White but so far no luck.
Hope to hear from you soon.
BoBo

Happy for anyone to e-mail me - I'm andrew@spode.me

I have a tree on Ancestry, but I can't work out how to get a public URL for it.

I'm pretty certain on all the data I have for him at the moment - but I've not gone any further back than him on the Thorpe line.

One of Jarvis' Sons, George Robert Thorpe, was my Great Grandfather, Married to an Ivy Squires.

He had 8 other siblings - so there is a fair chance your client comes from one of those, no?

Offline BoBo

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 03 April 17 22:57 BST (UK) »
Hi
Many thanks for your message. One of my friends who is a member of Ancestry could not find a family tree with Jarvis Thorpe in it and I can now understand why. It must be so frustrating for you.
Yes my friends Mother is a child of one of your great grandfather's siblings!  She was thrilled that I was able to help her with her family tree and it only happened by chance when we stumbled on some Boar War medals and the name on them was not familiar to her.
You have at least confirmed for me that your Great Grandfather married Ivy Squires. Can I ask did they only have 3 children?
I will contact you as soon as I can so please bear with me.

Offline Spode

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 04 April 17 12:14 BST (UK) »
As I'm quite new to all this, I've still not quite come to terms with the idea of all these people out there being related to me. Please do pass on my details - if they are in the UK, I would love to meet them :)

Yes - 3 Children. Brian, Constance and Mavis. Constance is my Grandmother. Mavis died young and their son was adopted (his family tree is on ancestry too and I'm going to drop him a line). I don't know a lot about Brian. We lost touch with both of those sides many years ago - personally I've never met any of them.

Offline BoBo

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 08 May 17 17:17 BST (UK) »
Hi

Sorry for delay in replying. Hubby has broken a bone in his foot and my Dad who is 85 is not that well at the moment.  Please be patient with me as I have very limited spare time for my much loved hobby!!

I will send you an email soon and hopefully would be able to share some information.  In the meantime have you had any luck with your tree on Ancestry?  Have you been able to put it on the public domain?  Honestly fully understand your plight!  If it wasn't for a Son who is, in my opinion an IT wizard and a hubby who works in the business, except when he breaks a bone, I would be totally lost, which I am sure you are not!!

Offline Spode

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 09 May 17 11:51 BST (UK) »
Absolutely - my tree is on Ancestry with the username "UncleSpode". Please do drop me a line when you can. Be interested to know if they have done a DNA test - be good for making certain.

Offline littlesis 76

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 11 May 17 23:57 BST (UK) »
HI ,from the GRO index Jarvis mothers maiden name was Nunn.I'm have them as marrying in 1848  in stow reg district but it's spelt John Thorp and Ann Nunn.
Jarvis was one of the youngest of many children and the family is in 1881 at the BramFord Cock inn ,John has died (1879) I believe
The pub still runs today as I have been in there a few times.
I think John's parents were a Thomas and Susannah but will look more

Offline Spode

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 17 May 17 11:00 BST (UK) »
That concurs with what I have here - with Thomas and Susannah Askew as parents.

Interesting about the pub - I may have to pay a visit!