Author Topic: Christopher Leavey, Longford, Diocese of Ardagh and the parish of Templemichael  (Read 3822 times)

Offline joyce2805

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Would I be looking for a townland that resembles the spelling of either Coolaney or Cooleeney on the website you provided?  i am just beginning my research in Ireland and and have not yet acquired the confidence I need.  Thank you so much for your opinion and for offering the site.

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Christopher Leavey County Longford Diocese of Ardagh parish of Templemichael
« Reply #10 on: Friday 20 May 16 15:01 BST (UK) »
Circa 1825 to 1834 Tithe Applotments
http://www.rootschat.com/links/01hns/

Offline joyce2805

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Christopher Leavey County Longford Diocese of Ardagh parish of Templemichael
« Reply #11 on: Friday 20 May 16 15:09 BST (UK) »
This is such wonderful information! I am so excited with the results you have provided and thank you for your time in assisting.

Offline conahy calling

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
2 topics merged

Linked thread with NLI image.

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 20 May 16 16:12 BST (UK) »
The Tithes have answered your questions... the list on logainm has the townlands, click on any and you get map of where it is, in this case http://www.logainm.ie/en/33290
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline joyce2805

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 20 May 16 22:58 BST (UK) »
This is so helpful.  Thank you so much.

Offline joyce2805

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Exactly what I needed.  Your help is so appreciated.  Thank  you.

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
Re: Christopher Leavey, Longford, Diocese of Ardagh and the parish of Templemichael
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 21 May 16 10:39 BST (UK) »
Christiopher Leavy was born about 1788 and lived in the Diocese of Ardagh, County Longford, parish of Templemichael from at least 1808 when his son, Hugh was born there.  All seven of the known children were christened in County Longford, Diocese of Ardagh.
 He was buried from the same Diocese, County and parish on October 22, 1840.  The cemetery is not known.  He was married to Joan/Jane Dennigan.  I have no other information for her except her name.  The marriage was not located in the above location.  As I mentioned in my post, there appears to be conflicting information for his burial information that I located on the .nli.ie/parishes website.  It indicated that he was from Coolaney and other information indicated Cooleeney.  (Different Counties)
Known children and their christening dates:

1.        Hugh:  August 2, 1808
2.        Margaret:  October 20, 1810
3.       Catherine:  January 23, 1813
4.        James:  August 27, 1815  I believe it is likely that this child died before 1817 when the fifth child was born and receive the same given name.  I could find no death information for him.  The given name for child #4 and #5 was reported as “Jacobum”.
5.       James:  September 15, 1817.  James immigrated to Montreal,Quebec before 1851 when he married and had children.  He died there in 1886.
6.       Elizabeth:  July 22, 1821
7.       Michael:  November 23, 1823

Posted on behalf of Joyce who sent me this message in error. To reply to topics on RootsChat Joyce you need to click the reply button on RootsChat otherwise all mail comes directly back to RootsChat help ;)
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk