Author Topic: THE ALBION INN  (Read 1587 times)

Offline Elliven

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
THE ALBION INN
« on: Sunday 22 May 16 16:55 BST (UK) »
This is an "old" photo of a building that was demolished about 10 years ago.  As part of a local history project, I am trying to create an album of pictures of the village as it used to be.  What I would like - if it is at all possible - is to use this photograph to blend in with others in the village as there are no genuine old photos of the inn.  What I would like is to remove the people and lose the colour, leaving a black and white photo that will blend in with the others in the album.  Can anyone help please?

Offline Elliven

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: THE ALBION INN
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 22 May 16 17:15 BST (UK) »
Sorry, it might be a good idea to include the photo!

Offline stevew101

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Stotfold Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 22 May 16 17:55 BST (UK) »
Hi Elliven,

If you are able to post a better scan, as it is hard to correct the perpective, you will get a much better result.  Or is that how the picture was taken?

I have straightend it a bit however, and here are a couple of attempts.

Steve
**Please ask if you wish to modify my restores**    HFD Turner-Warwick-Gentle-Game-Harris-Howard-Clements-Gould-James-Lee-Cooper-Castle-Pallet-Hide-Barns-Watts-Swain-Shatbolt-Bonfield-Gundrill-Izard-Impy-Ellis-Carter-Honour BFD Gentle-Tansley-Bly-Rowney-Wilshire-Fisher-Tingay-Ivory-Clark SFK Jay-Norman-Ship ESX Jay-Mann-Gould-Fletcher MIDDX Roberts-Longe AUSTRALIA - Henry Gentle 1795-1865

Offline Alreetkidda

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 22 May 16 18:48 BST (UK) »
Some from me.

Allen
Burdon - Durham
Marley - Durham
Anderson - Durham

Offline Elliven

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 22 May 16 21:53 BST (UK) »
To SteveW101 and Alreetkidda,

All of you efforts are far better than I could have hoped for!  Thank you so much, both of you!  A single colour photo with people in modern dress would stand out like a sore thumb and spoil the effect of the other photos.  And I can't just nip out and take another one as the place has been demolished and replaced with houses!

Thanks again
Elliven

Offline robbo43

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Kathie 1932 - 2010
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 24 May 16 16:46 BST (UK) »
An attempt from me

Robert
FLOOD - Exeter, Middlesex.  DAVEY - Norfolk, Herts, West Ham.  MILLS - Hampshire.  GARLAND - Sussex.  BRIGHT - Hampshire, GULLIVER - Hampshire, Sussex, London.  NOCKELS - Norfolk.  POMEROY - Exeter.  RANDALL - Sussex, Surrey.  REYNOLDS - Cambridgeshire.  BOWYER - Cambridgeshire & Suffolk.  STUPPELL - Kent.  MISSEN - Cambridgeshire.  TAYLOR - Cambridgeshire.  TOWNSEND - London.  CURTIN - London, GIBBONS - Suffolk, BROWN - Suffolk, SWALE(S) - Yorkshire, GAIN - Sussex

Offline Elliven

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 24 May 16 16:55 BST (UK) »
Thank you.  All efforts are seriously appreciated

Elliven

Offline japeflakes

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 24 May 16 19:42 BST (UK) »
couple more

Offline stevew101

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Stotfold Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 24 May 16 19:47 BST (UK) »
I have been practising the art of window straightening, so here is another for your collection

Steve
**Please ask if you wish to modify my restores**    HFD Turner-Warwick-Gentle-Game-Harris-Howard-Clements-Gould-James-Lee-Cooper-Castle-Pallet-Hide-Barns-Watts-Swain-Shatbolt-Bonfield-Gundrill-Izard-Impy-Ellis-Carter-Honour BFD Gentle-Tansley-Bly-Rowney-Wilshire-Fisher-Tingay-Ivory-Clark SFK Jay-Norman-Ship ESX Jay-Mann-Gould-Fletcher MIDDX Roberts-Longe AUSTRALIA - Henry Gentle 1795-1865