Author Topic: simple software  (Read 874 times)

Offline abcxyz

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
simple software
« on: Monday 23 May 16 09:26 BST (UK) »
Hi,
I've trawled through lots of the topics on this forum, but am still unsure.
Basically, I am looking to produce an outline of the different generations of a family showing all brothers and sisters etc. and their children.... (I don't wish to have a 2, 4, 8, 16 list of grandparents, great-grandparents etc). It is for a page in a local history book, so I don't wish to store loads of data about the family - I just need to produce it and export it to word.
Also, I should point out that I am not particularly technologically gifted, so something simple to use would be good.
Thanks

Offline Elizajb

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: simple software
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 15 June 16 21:20 BST (UK) »
How many generations are you planning on having on one page? How big is the book?

If you plan on having everyone (assuming there are a lot of people) and the book is A4 or smaller, you'll have trouble reading it?

If you don't want to input data into a programme, can you do it using Excel or similar from your word processing programme.

On the other hand, if you are happy to put in basic data (names and birth/death dates), you could use something like Family Tree Builder (the My Heritage software which you can download free without having to get into their online section). This programme will do what it sounds like you want by making an 'any relatives' chart which you can save in jpeg format.

Regards Eliza.

BLANCH London, Kent, Cumberland, Sunderland WALTON Cumberland, WILSON Cumberland, New Zealand, GRAHAM Cumbria/USA,  DUNN Woolwich Kent, BLAKE Northumberland HENDERSON Renfrewshire PATERSON Argyllshire HALLAM Surrey BYRNE Dublin, BURNS Glasgow, DENSTON/BARBER Staff., WADMAN Somerset, DALE Middlesex, AIMERS Selkirkshire, BORTHWICK Berwickshire