Author Topic: Evans family - BRYNBACH - LLANDEBIE  (Read 1808 times)

Offline Seviad

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Evans family - BRYNBACH - LLANDEBIE
« on: Wednesday 20 July 05 23:41 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I would like to know if anyone can help me with a place called BRYNBACH in or around Llandebie.  I don't

know if it was/is a farm or an area.  My ggg gr mother Lettice/Lettica Evans lived there when she

married my ggg gr father David Roberts.  Her fathers name was Evan Evans and if anyone could also

her mothers' name or an approx year of her parents marriage, I would be very very happy.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Seviad
Owens, Llangurig
Davies, Lloyd, Jones Llangurig, Llanidloes,Llanbrynmair, Trefeglwys, Dylife
Davies St. Harmon, Nantmel Radnorshire
Roberts, Evans, Llandybie
Thomas, Llandybie
Silvester, Fleet, Warwickshire, Aston, Birmingham, worcester

Offline D ap D

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Stuck with John Jones in Wales? Join the club!
    • View Profile
Re: Evans family - BRYNBACH - LLANDEBIE
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 21 July 05 09:17 BST (UK) »
Hi Seviad,

it might be a bit far fetched, but I have an extract from the 1841 census for Conwil Caio - about 30 km from Llandybie.

The head of household was Evan Evans, one of his daughters was Lettice. I also have them in the 51 census, and am trying to confirm or reject the connection to my family.

Evan was a farmer and cooper.

If this family sound like yours, let me know, I'll pass on the info.

D
Stuck with:
William Williams of Llanllyfni
John Jones in Llanelli
Evan Evans in Caio
David Davies of Llansanffraid
Evans: Caio/Carms
Jones: CDG, DEN

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

"Nor do I think that any other nation than this of Wales, or any other tongue, whatever may hereafter come to pass, shall on the day of the great reckoning before the Most High Judge, answer for this corner of the earth": The Old Man of Pencader to Henry II

Offline Irene Evans

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 07 June 17 23:07 BST (UK) »
Hello,
My grandfather, Moses Williams, bought this small holding and I have a copy of the auction notice.
It is dated 1919 and has Mr. Moses Williams as the occupant at the time.  I can email you a copy if you like. 
Regards
Irene Evans

Offline whiteout7

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 08 June 17 00:36 BST (UK) »
http://newspapers.library.wales/view/3795041/3795043/24/Conwil%20Caio%20%20Llandebie%20evans
?
"CONWIL CAIO. FREAK OF NATURE. A cow, the property of Mr Evan Evans, Cwmissa Farm, recently gave birth to a calf having two distinct heads and two pairs of front legs; from the shoulder forward it was double, and it had two tails. The cow is progres,sing quite favourably, but the calf did not survive. The farrier called in to assist the cow, for of course, it had to be assisted, was Mr Thomas Williams, Cwmllynfeuchaf, Llansadwrn"
Wemyss/Crombie/Laing/Blyth (West Wemyss)
Givens/Normand (Dysart)
Clark/Lister (Dysart)
Wilkinson/Simson (Kettle or Kettlehill)