Author Topic: Sarah's children.  (Read 6956 times)

Offline stockton

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Sarah's children.
« Reply #54 on: Monday 30 May 16 20:44 BST (UK) »
Sorry i do mean well :'( appologies to all :'( i'll give my self 12 months ban :'( hopefully come back
a little wiser :'(

Again appologies to all.

All the best to all, still a cracking site with great people.

Derek
Casey,Comaskey,McDade,O'Brien,Dinely, Farrell,
McKay, Sharkey, Phillips, Marren.

Offline Jomot

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: Monday 30 May 16 20:55 BST (UK) »
No need to ban yourself Derek, people are willing to help, but just please remember that others have spent money buying subscriptions and have sent you numerous documents (I know I'm not alone in this), yet you still haven't learned to do basic searches for yourself or learned that people only get cross when you - inadvertently I know - take advantage of their generosity of time and spirit.

This particular thread started with you asking for searches I had already carried out for you a year ago.....
MORGAN: Glamorgan, Durham, Ohio. DAVIS/DAVIES/DAVID: Glamorgan, Ohio.  GIBSON: Leicestershire, Durham, North Yorkshire.  RAIN/RAINE: Cumberland.  TAYLOR: North Yorks. BOURDAS: North Yorks. JEFFREYS: Worcestershire & Northumberland. FORBES: Berwickshire, CHEESMOND: Durham/Northumberland. WINTER: Durham/Northumberland. SNOWBALL: Durham.

Offline futhark

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: Tuesday 21 February 17 22:58 GMT (UK) »
Hi, I've been looking at this Alfred Henry Miller for some years now. I wonder has any members found him in later census returns?

Offline Ladyhawk

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: Wednesday 22 February 17 11:48 GMT (UK) »

I've been looking at this Alfred Henry Miller for some years now.

I wonder has any members found him in later census returns?

Hello and welcome to Rootschat  :)

I haven't found him on later censuses  - the only one I found was 1871 census living
Crofton Street, Stockton, Durham
Joseph TIPPEY    Head  62   1809 Yorkshire
Jane                     Wife   64   1807 Yorkshire
Alfred Hy MILLER Son       3   1868 Durham
Wm   Wootton   Boarder   26   1845 Leicestershire

and this was the Stockton baptism posted on here for

Alfred Henry Miller, 1st son, 19th March 1867
Mother. Hannah Elizabeth Miller

GRO Indexes now give mother’s maiden name but Alfred's is left blank so would assume he was illegitimate (from 1867 baptism son of Hannah Elizabeth Miller)

Alfred Henry MILLER
GRO 1867  M Quarter in STOCKTON  Volume 10A  Page 91

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline futhark

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: Saturday 25 February 17 17:58 GMT (UK) »
Hi Thankyou for that, I have been unable to find him either, however I believe I have the reason but unable to prove It.

Alfred Henry Miller was born in the workhouse to Hannah Miller (illegitimate) In the bastardy bonds in Stockton she names the Father Alfred Furby, Tailor from Cornforth. This happens shortly before Alfred Furby gets married to Georgiana Telford, so unless It was kept secret it would have caused a bit trouble. I have assumed that Hannah Milller must have given up Alfred Henry for adoption to the Tippey couple.
The named father Alfred Furby marries and has children with Georgiana and they move to Dudley. Shockingly he dies at about 28 years in 1873.
What implications this has on Alfred Henry Miller I don't know, however, I see the Tippeys pass away around this time, so Alfred Henry Miller would be on his own again.

Long story short is I believe Alfred Henry Miller becomes Alfred Henry Peacock son of Matthew Peacock Trimdon, the story we have was that Matt Peacock had My Grandfather to another woman in Stockton, This is the only illegitimate Alfred henry in Stockton at the right time, however, when I discovered the Furby father connection It threw a spanner in the works. In short I have been looking for Furby descendants or Peacock for a dna check.