Author Topic: Andrew Agnew Banks  (Read 1870 times)

Offline Stephanie Hall Tiddens

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Andrew Agnew Banks
« on: Tuesday 24 May 16 20:14 BST (UK) »
Hello I'm looking for information about my 3rd Great-Grandfather Andrew Agnew Banks.  He was born in Caithness on April 8, 1818 to John Banks and Elizabeth Watt.  His wife's name was Margaret Livingston.  I can't find any information about him while he lived in Scotland.  I know the immigrated to Canada by 1847.  I've gone through Scotland's People a few times, but that site kind of confuses me. Any ideas on where else I should look.  Thanks

Offline Wred

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Andrew Agnew Banks
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 28 May 16 18:00 BST (UK) »
Hi
For Caithness I find Scotlands People great for anything after 1855. Before that date I use the nearly complete FreeReg site and FreeCen.

Found Andrew BANKS christened in Canisbay parish church 24 April 1818. Born 8 April 1818 to JOhn BANKS and Elizabeth WARSE. living in Mey area.

Offline R.Banks

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 26 March 17 19:53 BST (UK) »
Hi
Andrew Agnew is my 2x great grandfather I have his picture on the wall along with a copy of a letter he wrote to his son... my great grandfather John Banks in 1888.
John was one of his 7 children some born in Scotland and some born in Canada after their arrival in about 1850...they settled in Innisfil Ontario... John was born here in 1861 Married 2x and had 7 children
hope this helps...if you would like more details I am happy to share     

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 27 March 17 13:49 BST (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat R Banks.
The original poster Stephanie Hall Tiddens hasnt been on Rootshat since the day she joined.
She does not appear to have even seen or acknowleged the reply by Wred.

Hopefully she will reply to you :)
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)