Author Topic: James McKeddie Mystery  (Read 4076 times)

Offline shellyesq

• RootsChat Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: James McKeddie Mystery
« Reply #27 on: Saturday 13 January 18 23:06 GMT (UK) »
Possible Libbie & Susan in 1870 census - https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:M8VJ-2GD

Offline bonniej

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Sunday 14 January 18 01:29 GMT (UK) »
Wow, you're amazing!  but, this is the weirdest information -  smith (unless you go back 9 generations!) and couch are 2 names that are not in my family tree... so far anyway... I just cannot get my head around this.  But I don't see how it can be wrong, the address for them is the same, the spelling is different than my Grampa's records (one is Mrs A E Rae in 1917 for his army pay, and one is Aunt Jessie Rae in 1919, both documents list 18 S Miller in Newburgh New York.  I think I must be missing something very obvious but none of this seems to make sense (at all!)
I think that Lizzie and Jessie could be misunderstood for sure, and A E Rae vs A D Rea is also understandable.  The rest is making my head spin!

Offline bonniej

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Sunday 14 January 18 01:45 GMT (UK) »
AHA - Now that I think about it, maybe he was actually related to Andrew Rea, even though that is also not a connection as of yet.  But he was dead in 1917 when grampa started sending money to lizzie, and also when he visited in 1919.  I also found out that Margaret McKellar's daughter married a gentleman named Thomas Moore, born in Ireland in 1879, my grampa travelled to Newburg (where Thomas moved in 1906!) and Thomas was listed as his cousin (actually was his cousin's wife).
Now my head is really spinning, need to take a break and think about this one...
Maybe Thomas Moore's Mum was Andrew Rea's sister?  hmmmm

Offline bonniej

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Sunday 14 January 18 11:53 GMT (UK) »
More AHA moments!  Margaret McKellar married a Fleming, and guess who is living next door to the Rea's BEFORE he married Lizzie - The Johnsons, with Step Son James Fleming and mother Jane!  So I have a lot more to do now... !

Offline bonniej

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Friday 19 January 18 00:04 GMT (UK) »
I just realized this is way off topic (where is James McKeddie's info?) so I'm sorry, this is my very first time on here, I think I should have started a new topic.

On another note, I still don't know where James McKeddie's backup info is.  We do know that he was born in Midlothian Edinburgh because every document, including his death certificate, states that.  Also, documents that list his parents consistently list his parents as John McKeddie Glassblower, and Mary-Ann Dunn, who were both deceased when he married in 1891, it doesn't say deceased on his first marriage to Jessie McKellar in 1885 for either of them.  It says his father is a glassblower journeyman on the 1885 wedding cert.

So the James McKeddie mystery is still out there in case anyone gets this far down the strings to see this info!