Author Topic: Searching for info on Edward Donnelly and his wife Elizabeth - Crehelp  (Read 3814 times)

Offline Claddagh

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Searching for info on Edward Donnelly and his wife Elizabeth - Crehelp
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 26 May 16 15:50 BST (UK) »
Thanks Sinann! I replaced the documents as per your request. I'm very grateful for dathai's information that has given me a link to my Donnelly family. I meant that I can't find any reference anywhere of Catherine Donnelly's birth details unlike her siblings. Her Register of Marriage is proof that she is the daughter of Edward and Elizabeth Donnelly but I can't find her birth anywhere and I was just worried that she might not be a part of this family since her siblings were found in the Census documents and not her. I'll keep searching and hopefully will find her. I appreciate your post. Have a wonderful day!   ;)
Dunlavin, Co. Wicklow, Ireland:  Johnson, Donnelly, Lenhan/Lennan/Lennon, Heydon/Hayden

Co. Cavan, Ireland: Kiernan
Co. Sligo, Ireland: McGowan

Co. Tyrone, Ireland: Brogan, Curran, McBride, McDade, McDaid, McFadden, McFaiden, Nolan

London, England:  Smith/Smyth
Scotland: McGoun

Offline Claddagh

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 26 May 16 15:54 BST (UK) »
Thanks so much dathai! I'm happy to hear that "Donnelly" isn't as popular in that microfilm as my "Johnson" and "Smith" family members. How I wish that they  had at least unique first names. So many James', Edwards, Elizabeths, Roberts and Catherines make me want to shout in frustration. Thanks again for all your help!  ;)
Dunlavin, Co. Wicklow, Ireland:  Johnson, Donnelly, Lenhan/Lennan/Lennon, Heydon/Hayden

Co. Tyrone, Ireland: Brogan, Curran, McBride, McDade, McDaid, McFadden, McFaiden, Nolan

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 26 May 16 16:54 BST (UK) »
As I've just been reminded RootsIreland are doing. 24 hour sub for €10 now, if you want to chance it they may have had better luck with the Dunlavin Register
http://ifhf.rootsireland.ie/generic.php?filename=centres/ifhf/sources.tpl

Offline Claddagh

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 26 May 16 17:00 BST (UK) »
Thanks Sinann! I appreciate the heads up! I need all the help that I can with my missing "Johnson", "Smith", "Donnelly" and "Lenihan" family members. I'm still filling my family tree with all this new information. So exciting to have one less empty branch on my tree.  ;)

Offline Claddagh

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 27 May 16 01:02 BST (UK) »
Thanks again dathai! It looks like the witnesses were Patrick Heydon (I assume Elizabeth's brother) and Ann Costello). Once you start; it's hard not to be a dog with a tasty bone.  ;)

Left hand page marriage 11th October 1832
Edward Donnelly to Elizabeth Heydon/Heydow ?
wits Patrick Heydon ? and other
http://registers.nli.ie/registers/vtls000633390#page/126/mode/1up