Author Topic: Joseph White Lacey/Ladd b.1816 - in Penn, Buckinghamshire?  (Read 3373 times)

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
Re: Joseph White Lacey/Ladd b.1816 - in Penn, Buckinghamshire?
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 05 June 16 14:44 BST (UK) »
Hopefully Steve may see this again and help. He has access to Records I dont have :)
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline riholt

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 05 June 16 15:06 BST (UK) »
It's Joseph not James - and I don't have any other details. I posted for another researcher on another forum but I think this is all she has. He lived in Tylers Green as well as Hazlemere and it says he was born High Wycombe.

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 05 June 16 16:52 BST (UK) »
Sorry my typo, meant Joseph White Lacey, not James White Lacey :-[

I was getting mixed up with who I thought his Possible Father was James from 1841 Census I posted and James died 1842.
James Married Mary Ann Wootton 1812 from memory.

Who were the witnesses on the M/C? .

AS I said hopefully Steve may be able to help with a Christening as I cant find anything on-line.

All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline bucksboy

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I'll thank you all now, in case I forget.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 06 June 16 21:51 BST (UK) »
Nothing in Penn Pr's for Joseph White, in the time frame.  Did he end up in Plumstead in the 1901 census, as it appears so.?

In the 1841 census, whilst in the home of John Harvey, if you look further above him, you will see a Henry Lacey c1791. Buckinghamshire, with spouse Rebecca,c1791.    I believe this to be Rebecca Finch, who married Henry Lacey in 1809 @ Hughenden.

Could this Henry Lacey figure in this.

Anyway, here are some baptisms from Haslemere, plus one burial. (BucksFHS. PR's CD)

9 Jan 1848. John, child of Joseph & Caroline WHITE of Hazelmere, Labourer.
30 Jun 1850. James, child of Joseph & Caroline WHITE of Hazelmere, Labourer.
6 Nov 1853.  Jane, child of Joseph & Caroline WHITE of Hazlemere, Labourer.

Burial - 22 Mar 1853.  James WHITE, aged 2 of Hazlemere.

Nothing else in Haslemere for this family.

I've looked again in Hughenden PR's, for a baptism from 1800, and nothing is apparent for Joseph White or Lacey/Lacy/Ladd, not even just checking by the year of birth.....no Joseph's at all.

I think the best bet would be to ask for a search of the BucksFHS baptisms database, giving both surnames of Lacey & White, from 1810 to 1830.......your choice.!

Steve. :)
Ives, Stevens, Allen, Smith, King, Wooster, Elwood from Monks and Princes Risborough, Aylesbury, Wendover, Great Missenden, Bledlow, Horsenden, Saunderton, West Wycombe, High Wycombe, Lacey Green, Longwick, Illmer,  Hughenden, Prestwood, The Kimbles, Haslemere, Bradenham, Aston Clinton and more......!!  Plus a whole host of Oxfordshire areas.
Graham, Pimlott, Burgess from Cheshire and Lancashire area.
Acknowledgemets to http://www.bucksfhs.org.uk/  and  http://www.ofhs.org.uk/

Offline Susan Lane

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 22 June 16 18:27 BST (UK) »
I am also looking for Joseph white Lacey/ladd

A few above him are the Lacey in the 1841 census but where did the white come in, was the mothers maiden name white??

and his father a Lacey??

or the other way round as my ggfather was of this line and the were all Whites and Joseph married under the name White to Caroline, I have the marriage certificate here, or could this be what the man who did the census just put down

He was born in Tylers Green, which is in the district of penn

Any help would be appreciated

Susan

Offline bucksboy

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I'll thank you all now, in case I forget.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 28 June 16 16:19 BST (UK) »
Again, I would refer to BucksFHS for a baptism search for him, using both surnames.

Steve. :)
Ives, Stevens, Allen, Smith, King, Wooster, Elwood from Monks and Princes Risborough, Aylesbury, Wendover, Great Missenden, Bledlow, Horsenden, Saunderton, West Wycombe, High Wycombe, Lacey Green, Longwick, Illmer,  Hughenden, Prestwood, The Kimbles, Haslemere, Bradenham, Aston Clinton and more......!!  Plus a whole host of Oxfordshire areas.
Graham, Pimlott, Burgess from Cheshire and Lancashire area.
Acknowledgemets to http://www.bucksfhs.org.uk/  and  http://www.ofhs.org.uk/

Offline Susan Lane

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 05 July 16 03:24 BST (UK) »
I have but as they only work at a snail pace (there description) I have had no reply

I have looked myself under White and under Lacey, also under Ladd

Will keep looking

Offline Susan Lane

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 14 July 16 18:53 BST (UK) »
Trish 112

Dear Trish I think I have found the ans to Joseph White Lacey (Ladd) Down the page on the 1841 census it state a Caroline White the same age as Joseph over the page it state Joseph White and his wife he was a Tailor, these are the write age and got married at the correct time

I am going down to do some research on this next week if they both have the same parents I will let you know so we can move on

Susan

I have also asked the same question on Genelogy and they say he could have been called Josheph white the Ladd

Offline Susan Lane

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 10 August 16 17:22 BST (UK) »
I have just come back from the library, and there is nothing on Joseph White (ladd, Lacey)

Not even his marriage details, which the  BFS and myself to believe they were nonconformist

On this note I will have another look on the IGI site as they have all records on there (I hope)

Which also if they are means that Joseph White and his wife are wrong, unless Joseph changed religions to marry Caroline Harvey

But on there marriage certificate which I sent away for it states they were married in 1847 and the marriage was solemnized at the parish church, in the parish of Chipping Wycombe

Cannot find James White and Phillis Babb either there were married in 1879

Will keep looking

Susan