Author Topic: Thomas Heaney and Ann Thomson  (Read 7948 times)

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas Heaney and Ann Thomson
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday 02 August 16 09:12 BST (UK) »
Going through papers the other day and came across this which I thought would be of interest-

The Northern Whig, 22 Aug.1934: TO LET. "Hazel Bank," Mullahinch, Aghadowey, containing 2 sitting-rooms, 4 bedrooms, bathroom (h. & c. water); bus service passing door to and from Coleraine and Kilrea.- Apply to Hugh Fleming Caheney, Moneydig, Garvagh.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Irish Lynn

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday 03 August 16 04:09 BST (UK) »
Thank you!  I would love to come to Ireland in 2017 and come to where my Heaney, Brown and Hogg relatives were from.  Still trying to figure out where Thomas Boyd married to Leticia Boyd were from.  THOMAS Boyd was a successful stonemason when he came to New York City in about 1839 to 1840.

They were strong Presbyterians who were members of the Charles Street Scotch Presbyterian church.  John Heaney and Margaret Ann Boyd married there on December 24, 1850. 

Do we know if anyone who let the 1934 apartment in Moneydig was a relative?

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday 03 August 16 07:55 BST (UK) »
Will have to check the valuation records to see who owned Hazel Bank in 1929 but it was the whole house for rent. Hot and cold water at that time would have made it quite a good place- we didn't get that until 1960s!

Hugh Fleming was probably just the agent helping with the arrangements. He had a grocery shop in Caheney but originally came from Vow across the Bann in County Antrim. His wife was Maggie Kennedy of Moneydig and they had 2 daughters. Hugh died in 1950 and wife in 1960.

Offline Irish Lynn

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Thursday 04 August 16 03:48 BST (UK) »
Interesting, The Browns, Hoggs and Jane Hennerys family all came from Caheny, Garvaugh and Moneydig!  One of Robert Brwons daughters (Martha Brown Hoggs sister) married a Kennedy.  I need to look up which one. I think it was John Kennedy who was executor of Robert Browns will.

I have taken a break this Summer from the research but will start up again soon!  I look forward to getting the information you send. Is there a picture of this place that was for rent b Mr> Fleming?

Offline Irish Lynn

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Friday 05 August 16 15:29 BST (UK) »
Aghadowey,

I would love to send you a couple of pictures of my paternal grandmother, Ethel Boyd Heaney.  She would have been John Heaney's only grandchild.  He had 2 children, Jame Boyd Heaney and Thomas Boyd Heaney, but Jane died at 28 and never married.  Thomas B. Heaney only had one child, my grandmother.  Should I send them to your email?  I believe you sent me that at one time.  Let me know what you would prefer.

Offline Irish Lynn

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Saturday 01 July 17 15:37 BST (UK) »
Hi from Irish Lynn!  Half way through 2017 already and i have not made it back to Ireland.  Don't think it will be this year, but hoping for 2018 and a trip up to Coleraine and Garvaugh and Caheny! 

Just wanted to say hi and to thank you for opening the doors to so many of my Brown, Hoag and Heaney families.  I still am perplexed by the Thomas and Leticia Boyd side.  But i will keep researching.

How are you doing?  I am hoping to get a long weekend to Nrthern ireland in March 2018 after a Conference in Amsterdam.  Will keep you posted.  All the best, Irish Lynn!!

Offline Amalia

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Tuesday 11 July 17 17:58 BST (UK) »
I am interested to see if the marriage of Margaret Heaney in 1855 to John Doherty in Coleraine are the parents of Annie E(Elizabeth) Doherty born 1857 NY,died 1929 as Annie E Raedy.
Any family tree on Dnaiel Heaney of Coleraine? Thanks

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday 11 July 17 18:11 BST (UK) »
I am interested to see if the marriage of Margaret Heaney in 1855 to John Doherty in Coleraine are the parents of Annie E(Elizabeth) Doherty born 1857 NY,died 1929 as Annie E Raedy.
Any family tree on Dnaiel Heaney of Coleraine? Thanks

John Doherty of Bovagh married 1855 in Coleraine Registry Office to Margaret Heaney of Cullycapple but they were both from Aghadowey Parish and stayed there. So, not the same family as Annie Raedy's.

Hi from Irish Lynn!  Half way through 2017 already and i have not made it back to Ireland.  Don't think it will be this year, but hoping for 2018 and a trip up to Coleraine and Garvaugh and Caheny! 

Just wanted to say hi and to thank you for opening the doors to so many of my Brown, Hoag and Heaney families.  I still am perplexed by the Thomas and Leticia Boyd side.  But i will keep researching.
How are you doing?  I am hoping to get a long weekend to Nrthern ireland in March 2018 after a Conference in Amsterdam.  Will keep you posted.  All the best, Irish Lynn!!
Glad that you are still hoping to visit. Let me know when you start planning your trip  :)

Offline Irish Lynn

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Alexander Brown and wife Martha, parents of Robert Brown of Bovaugh
« Reply #35 on: Wednesday 12 July 17 01:34 BST (UK) »
Hi from Irish Lynn

Does anyone have information on where Alexander Brown from the Garvaugh area was from/born?  His family including son RobertBrown (my great xs 3 grandfather) were listed in the 1796 Garvaugh Presbyterian church's membership.  I would assume he (Alexander) was born around 1750-1760 timeframe.  I cannot find any information on him.  There were about 10 children, Robert Brown being one of the younger ones.   Also a son Samuel, Thomas , Alexander, daughter Jane, Martha to name a few more. 

Many Thanks!