Author Topic: Missing Deaths Travers Family  (Read 1253 times)

Offline Pennines

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Missing Deaths Travers Family
« on: Saturday 28 May 16 13:12 BST (UK) »
I am on the hunt for apparantly missing Irish death records (again!). This time for James Travers b abt 1811 and his wife Mary born abt 1829. Both apparantly in Westmeath.

1901 census James and Mary Travers are in Aghalasty and Ankersland.
James Travers - aged 90 (hence birth year abt 1811)
Mary Travers - aged 72 (hence birth year abt 1829).

1911 census - Mary Travers is still in Aghalasty and Ankersland - now a widow aged 83. Age fairly consistent between the 2 census records.

I cannot find a death registration for EITHER of them. The PLU is supposedly Castletowndelvin - but even ignoring that - I cannot spot likely deaths.

Is anyone able to see anything I've missed please?
Is it common to have missing death registrations in Ireland? I seem to keep struggling - not only with these 2, but with others also.

Many thanks to anyone who tries to help.
West Yorks; ---- Illingworth, Marshall, Muffit/Muffett/Murfitt, Barber, Sanderson, Townend, Barraclough, Lister -- and lots more. Locations mainly in Birstall parish - Hartshead-- Drighlington --Adwalton --Mirfield - Heckmondwike --Kippax - Sherburn in Elmet.

Ireland ------Cleary, Whelan - Nenagh.
Dowling - Monasterevin
Daly - Westmeath

Lancashire ---- Smith from Alston , Johnson and Fairclough---- Tarleton and loads more from Tarleton and Accrington areas.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline myluck!

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Missing Deaths Travers Family
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 28 May 16 13:52 BST (UK) »
Possible for Mary TRAVERS in 1919 but no age given LINK

and for James TRAVERS in 1908 but with inconsistent age LINK
Kearney & Bourke/ Johns & Fox/ Mannion & Finan/ Donohoe & Curley
Byrne [Carthy], Keeffe/ Germaine, Butler/ McDermott, Giblin/ Lally, Dolan
Toole, Doran; Dowling, Grogan/ Reilly, Burke; Warren, Kidd [Lawless]/ Smith, Scally; Mangan, Rodgers/ Fahy, Calday; Staunton, Miller
Further generations:
Brophy Coleman Eathorn(e) Fahy Fitzpatrick Geraghty Haverty Keane Keogh Nowlan Rowe Walder

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Online dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 28 May 16 14:03 BST (UK) »
looking at the 1908 James Travers
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:FRN1-4MJ

http://www.rootschat.com/links/01hp9/ there does not appear to be a man of that age in the area so depending on the informants knowledge of the person it could be him.

Mary age 80
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:FRL9-7J7

likewise for Mary 1911
http://www.rootschat.com/links/01hpa/

Offline myluck!

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 28 May 16 14:10 BST (UK) »
dathai
that's what I was thinking or if 92 was mis-read as 72 in the transcription

Its interesting that familysearch.org gives an age for Mary but irishgenealogy.ie doesn't
Toole, Doran; Dowling, Grogan/ Reilly, Burke; Warren, Kidd [Lawless]/ Smith, Scally; Mangan, Rodgers/ Fahy, Calday; Staunton, Miller
Further generations:
Brophy Coleman Eathorn(e) Fahy Fitzpatrick Geraghty Haverty Keane Keogh Nowlan Rowe Walder

Online dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 28 May 16 14:15 BST (UK) »
easily done with some of the handwriting both you and i have seen on certs over the years

Offline myluck!

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 28 May 16 14:15 BST (UK) »
 :) ;)
Further generations:

Offline Pennines

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 28 May 16 14:16 BST (UK) »
Thank you very much Myluck and Dathai

On Ancestry - the one in 1919 in Delvin - is aged 80 and it could be her with an incorrect age. I see you are also looking at Delvin for the James Travers death in 1908. I suppose the age on both the census and at death could be incorrect.

So I am now assuming that Castletowndelvin PLU/Reg Dist - is actually Delvin. (Nothing is straightforward is it!).

As you say Dathai - he's the only elderly James Travers around in that area in 1901 - but considerably younger at death. (That moisturiser he was using must be good!)

Also - on 1911 census -Mary has included the fact that she was married for 53 years. If this was up to James death - it would give a marriage year of c 1855 (this fits in with the birth of their son, Joseph Travers, who I am researching and who was born about 1857 - died in 1910 aged 57)

Many thanks again -all help is very much appreciated. I'm going to have to risk sending for these certificates I think.

West Yorks; ---- Illingworth, Marshall, Muffit/Muffett/Murfitt, Barber, Sanderson, Townend, Barraclough, Lister -- and lots more. Locations mainly in Birstall parish - Hartshead-- Drighlington --Adwalton --Mirfield - Heckmondwike --Kippax - Sherburn in Elmet.

Ireland ------Cleary, Whelan - Nenagh.
Dowling - Monasterevin
Daly - Westmeath

Lancashire ---- Smith from Alston , Johnson and Fairclough---- Tarleton and loads more from Tarleton and Accrington areas.

Offline myluck!

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 28 May 16 14:22 BST (UK) »
one of mine added the length of time he was married to two women down in 1911 and confused us no end!

I would always invest in an actual certificate in the hope that the address, occupation, informant, or some other piece of information will collaborate what I am sure of as people got ages and durations of marriage, even number of children notoriously wrong.
Further generations:

Online dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 28 May 16 14:34 BST (UK) »
notice they have a married daughter Ellen born circa 1869
so is this them
http://www.rootschat.com/links/01hpb/