Author Topic: Look up please sisters Hannah/Anna & Christian(n)a HARRY  (Read 2082 times)

Offline genealogist1000

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Look up please sisters Hannah/Anna & Christian(n)a HARRY
« Reply #9 on: Monday 30 May 16 23:24 BST (UK) »
I did a search for a Christiana born in 1850 at St.Austell. on the censuses:

Christiana Higman 1852 St Austell- an inmate in a blind institution (1911, 1891, 1871) but living with parents in 1861, so we can rule her out.
Christiana Ede b 1853 (1891, 1901 and 1911) wife of Alfred Ede. mother living with her Elizabeth, ruled out
The only Christiana left (discluding 2 children on the 1861)
is a Christiana Matthews b 1848 St Austell working as a servant in Camberwell. Although it says she's unmarried, the thing is she went to London- to be with her mother, or near her, perhaps? It's a small lead, but it could be worth a shot?  This is, just however searching for Christiana, and who knows what she might have been transcribed as. I cannot find anything on her under Harry.

Offline Lazarus

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Look up please sisters Hannah/Anna & Christian(n)a HARRY
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 31 May 16 00:03 BST (UK) »
Christiana was baptised 8 Sep 1850 St Austell.
If 1848 comes from a Census I suppose could still be the same person.
It makes sense that she should go to London so as to be near her mother ( and sister).
Her mother was working at Cripple House St Marylebone in 1871 and remarried 1874.

Thank you.

Rex
Wyatt and Wood of Glossop, Derbyshire. Longstaff of Bishop Auckland,Durham. Harry of St Austell and St Kew,Cornwall. Charters of County Antrim.Knight of Warwickshire.Hendy of Ballyedmonduff.