Author Topic: Ireland/Maguire – Hit a brick wall  (Read 1433 times)

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copywrite on all census material,
    • View Profile
Re: Ireland/Maguire – Hit a brick wall
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 31 May 16 18:14 BST (UK) »
Eastley branch

Children of George Eastley and Ann nee Bullock,daughter of Alfred and Susan Bullock born Young district 1865
married Young district 1884
Alfred J,1887 ,married May Shoard 1910,
Emily M,1888
Ernest G,1894, died 1894
Jessie M,1890,married Michael Maguire
William H,1894,possibly married Hazeldine A Sharrock,
Ruby L,1899,possibly married William O Eastley,1921
all births registered district of Young
Gunning County Down,Kneale Isle of Man,Riddle Tynemouth,Bibby Kendal/Bradford,Colenso Penzance/Barrow-in-Furness,Steele Corney Fell,Chapman Ely,Dawes Alfreton,Blamire Westmoreland and Ulverston
Dislike the use of P Messaging system, unless its of a sensitive nature, Rootschat is  an open forum,

Offline samvol

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 31 May 16 18:44 BST (UK) »
Thanks everyone for your help so far – I'm quite blown away. Thanks Radcliff for all the information. I'l go through it all and see if i can sort some things out, but what a great start!!

Thank you so much, already in a couple of days you've been able to help more than i could have possibly hoped for!

Regards,
Sam

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 31 May 16 20:50 BST (UK) »
Nice to see your brick wall coming down,
now you know Michael and his father were born in Australia you have to go way back and see where James Maguire and his wife Margaret came from

I suspect this is the couple you might to look up
James Maguire and Margaret Townsend
registered 1872 Armidale
quite a lot of possible children for this couple including one called Ridgeland Maguire
Gunning County Down,Kneale Isle of Man,Riddle Tynemouth,Bibby Kendal/Bradford,Colenso Penzance/Barrow-in-Furness,Steele Corney Fell,Chapman Ely,Dawes Alfreton,Blamire Westmoreland and Ulverston
Dislike the use of P Messaging system, unless its of a sensitive nature, Rootschat is  an open forum,

Offline samvol

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 31 May 16 20:59 BST (UK) »
The bit that's a tad confusing for me though is that my grandfather, Maurice, apparently the son of Michael Maguire had an Irish passport he got later in life through ancestry. I would have thought the only way to get this would have been through his father/mother being Irish. But that may not be the case, so I must suspect that perhaps he was able to get this Irish passport as perhaps my great-great grandparents were Irish, possibly this James Maguire and Margaret Townsend...

I'm not sure will have to delve a little deeper

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 31 May 16 21:48 BST (UK) »
Margaret Maguire wife of James
death recorded Armidale New South Wales 1928
daughter of Richard and Ruth Townsend
born Armidale 1858 surname registered as Towns
as are those of her siblings

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 31 May 16 22:01 BST (UK) »
I am not sure how you get an Irish passport

Offline samvol

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 31 May 16 22:25 BST (UK) »
As a person born in Australia (as Maurice was) you can only obtain it if your parent, or grandparent was born in Ireland. Thus, one of them, Maurice's father Michael (which appears not to be the case) or his grandfather must have been born in Ireland.

So i can only deduce that it's likely that James (Michael's likely father) was born somewhere in Ireland and immigrated to Australia at some point. I think this is the lineage i'll need to pursue...

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 31 May 16 23:05 BST (UK) »
Okay I will leave it there perhaps go back to the original post replies and purchase a certificate or two to ensure I haven't led you astray
Good luck,