Author Topic: Shropshire Archives/Lookup  (Read 3589 times)

Offline AnneMc

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Shropshire Archives/Lookup
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 04 August 05 15:40 BST (UK) »
Hi Keith:
thank you for the photo. I ended up doing more research last night as my husband had a kidney stone attack and it took a while to convince him to go to the hospital so I sat up tilll 1:30 a.m. till he finally said he would go to the hospital!! 

I have found Harriet Hotchkiss marrying John Mansell in 1853 !!! So I am not 100% sure that John is Richard's father yet but it seems like he raised him. Also am working on the connection the connection between Richard and William. I have lots to keep me busy.

Anne
Yorkshire - Thompson. Savage, Morris, Richardson, Frankish, Mintoft, Myers, Barker, Hotchkiss
Shropshire - Hotchkiss
Derbyshire - Hardwick, Barker, Marples
Lancashire - Winstanley, Morton

Offline AnneMc

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 04 August 05 15:46 BST (UK) »
Hi Jan:
Thanks for the reply. I would love some pictures of Acton Burrell. It is always nice to see the area that your relatives came from. I have never been in the Shropshire area. I was born in Yorkshire and came to Canada with my parents.
We were suppose to come over this summer and we were going to go down to Shrophire but my husband's brother is really sick so are plans for england are on hold till next year.

thanks
Anne
Yorkshire - Thompson. Savage, Morris, Richardson, Frankish, Mintoft, Myers, Barker, Hotchkiss
Shropshire - Hotchkiss
Derbyshire - Hardwick, Barker, Marples
Lancashire - Winstanley, Morton

Offline Keith Bateman

• I am sorry but my emails are not working
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • .....The Cheshire Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 04 August 05 15:47 BST (UK) »
Hi Anne,

Sorry to hear about your husband hope he's alright - you know men  - big and brave - except where Doctors and Dentists are concerned!!  :-[ :-[

Keep at it - Harriet and Mary Talbert keep cropping up to tie in the families - which makes them all inter-related somewhere - just you find where!!  ;D ;D

Cheers

Keith
Bateman - Ware, Herts, London.<br />Partington - Liverpool - Devon - Manchester<br />Foster - Liverpool - Manchester - Scotland<br />Gates - Cumberland - Liverpool - Manchester - Australia<br />Westwood - Ware, Herts<br /><br /><br />"Any information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"

Has Bouncing Emails

Offline Lloydy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Jump into your genes...and dig up your roots
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 04 August 05 15:59 BST (UK) »
Hi again Anne

I will gladly take some photos for you.  Could you send me your email by private message please?

Jan
All UK Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Bennett, Owen, Owens, Hudson, Crisp, Challinor/Challoner/Chaloner, Lewis, James, Richards, Simon, Mills, Evans, Trow, Davies, Turner, Beaton/Betton, Lloyd, Jenkins, Evans.....and a ton of JONES!!!!

TROW From Wales to New Zealand

Offline Lloydy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Jump into your genes...and dig up your roots
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 16 August 05 08:49 BST (UK) »
Photos sent by email
All UK Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Bennett, Owen, Owens, Hudson, Crisp, Challinor/Challoner/Chaloner, Lewis, James, Richards, Simon, Mills, Evans, Trow, Davies, Turner, Beaton/Betton, Lloyd, Jenkins, Evans.....and a ton of JONES!!!!

TROW From Wales to New Zealand