Author Topic: Langford family of Edmonton who emigrated from Tryddyn, Flintshire  (Read 6748 times)

Offline amberly

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Langford family of Edmonton who emigrated from Tryddyn, Flintshire
« Reply #45 on: Thursday 02 June 16 15:13 BST (UK) »
So that's the Eliza Hughes who Maggie called her nearest rellie when she went over the border to the US to visit her brother after her husband Walter had died.    Another mystery solved!

You're amazing!    Thanks again.   Amberly.
Roberts,Guilsfield area, Mont.    Beattie, Welshpool, Mont         Newill, Welshpool & Shrops.      Gwyther, London.                    Cureton, Shrops & London.       Whitfield, Shrops.                        Dickin, Shrops & Mont.               Barker, London.

Online *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Friday 03 June 16 19:06 BST (UK) »
Probate for the father in 1932

Sandra

"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Online *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Friday 03 June 16 19:21 BST (UK) »
Probate - 2nd wife of Owen - Mary nee Trevor

Sandra

"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline amberly

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Friday 03 June 16 19:30 BST (UK) »
Thanks again Sandra.  I sat down last night & went through all the Langford probates I could find & found these 2 of course plus many more I'll have to plough through, but I'm getting there.    It's finding the time with all the other things that are going on but there's no great rush!

So ever grateful to you, you've done a wonderful job.  Thanks again, Amberly.
Roberts,Guilsfield area, Mont.    Beattie, Welshpool, Mont         Newill, Welshpool & Shrops.      Gwyther, London.                    Cureton, Shrops & London.       Whitfield, Shrops.                        Dickin, Shrops & Mont.               Barker, London.

Online *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Friday 03 June 16 19:37 BST (UK) »
Your very welcome - nice to fill all the gaps.

Sandra

Offline amberly

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Friday 03 June 16 19:39 BST (UK) »
This is not the father actually of the family who emigrated to Canada.   Their mother Elizabeth was his 2nd wife, he & his first wife Hannah had no children.    This is another Owen, the name was used frequently in the family which just helps to make the search more challenging!    This Mary was  named Trevor & then married an Oldfield & was a widow when she married this Owen.  I didn't know they had a daughter named Sarah however so have to investigate her.  I only knew of a dau named Jane.    Oh this is such fun!!!   Thanks again, Amberly

Offline jillrose

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Friday 12 August 16 11:12 BST (UK) »
Hello Amberly

You might like to take a look at the Langford entries from Treuddyn which are on my website.
They are a bit earlier than you are researching at the moment  but you never know you might link up eventually!     If you find that your search for the Langfords takes you outside Treuddyn into other parishes in the Denbighshire/Flintshire area I could probably fill in more information.  Just let me know.

Best wishes

Jill Rose
www.clwydsurnames.org.uk

Offline amberly

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Friday 12 August 16 12:11 BST (UK) »
Hi Jill,
Thanks for this info.   I'd be pleased to know of more in the Denbighshire area.   Reply to me privately please so I can give you my email address as this research has become complicated & I can explain what I'm up against.
Thanks so much,
Amberly.

Offline jillrose

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: Friday 12 August 16 13:17 BST (UK) »
That's a bit tricky, Amberly, as Rootschat doesn't reveal private em addresses.  You can use mine from the home page on my website.

Jill