Author Topic: kerr family of Newbridge farm Terregles, Kircudbrightshire  (Read 891 times)

Offline stoop

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
kerr family of Newbridge farm Terregles, Kircudbrightshire
« on: Wednesday 01 June 16 16:28 BST (UK) »
Does anyone out there have photographs of family members relating to the Kerrs of Newbridge. Have been trying to find some for a number of years. Thank you in anticipation, stoop.

Offline DonM

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: kerr family of Newbridge farm Terregles, Kircudbrightshire
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 01 June 16 17:35 BST (UK) »
Stoop

This is my half-sister's bunch her grandfather was Thomas b 1866 who married Isabella Robertson.  She has no photos other than her grandparents and one of her G Uncle James/Margaret Houston.  My sister's cousin may have photos and I have sent her an email.  If she does I will put you in touch with her.  There were two other chaps who may have old photos their posts can be found in the old Roots Web Forum under Kerr look for Newbridge and also und Kerr look for Pattie.

Don
I have turned off all email notifications, thank you.

Offline stoop

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 03 June 16 20:48 BST (UK) »
Hi Don thank you so much for your interest. We have just moved house and locating my files to identify Thomas b 1866 will have to wait. I hope that your family members can help should they have some old photographs. I am very interested in knowing how your family are connected to the Newbridge Kerrs. Thank you once again. (stoop) my name is Roger.

Offline DonM

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 04 June 16 18:58 BST (UK) »
T's my half-sister's family.  Thomas was b 08 Aug 1866 at Newbridge his parents were William Kerr and Jane Hanna.  My sister's cousin has responded saying she has no photos from Scotland.  She said her G Grandmother (Jane) left the entire household with her son John and his wife Jeanie McKenzie when she moved to Dysart with her son Thomas and then later on to Canada. 

Don

Offline stoop

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 05 June 16 16:34 BST (UK) »
I am familiar with William and Jane Hannah, your sister probably knows that William died suddenly and dramatically, I cannot decipher the precise reason for his demise that is recorded on his death certificate but he lost a lot of blood. I have a photograph taken of Jane when she was an old woman. I cannot recall at the moment who my contact was in Canada but they have sent details of the immigration to Canada and how the family prospered. ( stoop ).

Offline DonM

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 06 June 16 17:25 BST (UK) »
Yes, I remember now, you got those from me a few years ago.  I can't recall the details but there was yourself and another chap (Allan, I think), who I exchanged info with. It would be on my other PC which has long since been retired.

Don

Offline stoop

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 06 June 16 18:19 BST (UK) »
I remember now, Allan is my cousin  and we did exchange a lot of information. Once I retrieve my files from the garage it will all come back ,thanks Don regards Roger.