Author Topic: Lilian Kathleen Warwick  (Read 2585 times)

Offline stevew101

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Stotfold Boy
    • View Profile
Re: Lilian Kathleen Warwick
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 12 June 16 09:29 BST (UK) »
Hi Milliepede

When Lilian Kathleen was discharged in 1932 she went to her fathers address at Dane End, Stevenage. Lilian also had links with Castle Donnington where she visited her sister Muriel May Warwick and her husband. Other locations she may have visited were " Romany " on Wilbury Road, Moss Bury, Walkern and Ardeley, I believe these locations are near or at Stevenage.

When she was in the asylum she wrote a letter to a man who she was quite keen on the letter was addressed to 15 High Croft Road, Crouch Hill, London. I have a copy of this letter with her medical notes, if there was a reply it was not with her notes.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Martin

Hi Martin,

My father was born at Romany in 1929.  I am seeing him later this morning and will ask if he can recall Lllian Kathleen visiting, although he would have been quite young.  Lilians mother - Rosetta Warwick was visiting Romany in 1930.  She passed away that year whilst holding my father in her arms.  Romany is only about a half a mile from the Three Counties Asylum  Rosetta is buried just down the road from Romany at the old Letchworth Cemetary in Wilbury.  A couple of years ago, we marked the grave with a cross  Husband William is buried seperately a few yards away and again we have marked it

My father can certainly remember Muriel May as she used to ride a scooter.

I have traced the family to Kody Cottage, Pigsfoot farm, Ardeley in 1911.  I guess that you already have that.  I visited last year, but any sign of the farm has long since vanished and has been swallowed up by Church Farm. There are no remaining buildings or sign of the cottage.

Moss Bury in Stevenage is no longer there and the land is now covered by the Moss Bury School.

Like yourself, I would be very interested to hear anything about my great aunt - Lilian Kathleen Warwick, as she is the hardest of all the children to track down

Best Wishes
Steve

**Please ask if you wish to modify my restores**    HFD Turner-Warwick-Gentle-Game-Harris-Howard-Clements-Gould-James-Lee-Cooper-Castle-Pallet-Hide-Barns-Watts-Swain-Shatbolt-Bonfield-Gundrill-Izard-Impy-Ellis-Carter-Honour BFD Gentle-Tansley-Bly-Rowney-Wilshire-Fisher-Tingay-Ivory-Clark SFK Jay-Norman-Ship ESX Jay-Mann-Gould-Fletcher MIDDX Roberts-Longe AUSTRALIA - Henry Gentle 1795-1865

Offline stevew101

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Stotfold Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 12 June 16 10:02 BST (UK) »
Hi Martin,

Do you have any details of Lilians Brother - Ernest Walter Warwick (B1895 @ Albury).

Ernest died as a result of an accident involving a horse in the third quarter 1912 at Royston.

I have been trying to find if there are any newspaper reports outlining the circumstances of his death for a long while without success.

Not sure if you already have  it, but William Warwick (Father) died at Royston on 22nd December 1947.  My father tells me that he was in an old peoples home when he died.  Dad recalls that he was a very upright military gentleman with a handlebar moustache and he always wore a gold pocket watch on a gold chain.

Steve
**Please ask if you wish to modify my restores**    HFD Turner-Warwick-Gentle-Game-Harris-Howard-Clements-Gould-James-Lee-Cooper-Castle-Pallet-Hide-Barns-Watts-Swain-Shatbolt-Bonfield-Gundrill-Izard-Impy-Ellis-Carter-Honour BFD Gentle-Tansley-Bly-Rowney-Wilshire-Fisher-Tingay-Ivory-Clark SFK Jay-Norman-Ship ESX Jay-Mann-Gould-Fletcher MIDDX Roberts-Longe AUSTRALIA - Henry Gentle 1795-1865

Offline Martin17

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 12 June 16 14:42 BST (UK) »
Hi

The house number could well be number 5 if it only went up to number 10 and it would appear from the letter that Lilian was in contact with the gentleman on more than one occaision and they had been dating. You then have to ask the question, why did he not come and visit her ?

I have the baptism for Lilian Kathleen, but I think in the long run the birth certificate is the way forward and will order it this week.

To find out it Lilian Kathleen is still with her father I will have to open up the 1939 register records.

Regards

Martin
Warwick- Farnham Essex, Pelhams, Hadhams & Bishops Stortford Hertfordshire, Lee Kent.

Offline stevew101

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Stotfold Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 12 June 16 18:06 BST (UK) »
Hi Martin,

Have sent you a PM.

Best Wishes
Steve

Offline Martin17

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 17 June 16 13:02 BST (UK) »
I am now in posession of Lilian Kathleens birth certificate, she was born 18th April 1902 at what appears to be Trunks Cottage, Langley, Hertfordshire.

Regards

Martin
Warwick- Farnham Essex, Pelhams, Hadhams & Bishops Stortford Hertfordshire, Lee Kent.

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 17 June 16 18:19 BST (UK) »
Do you know when she was admitted to the asylum?
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline stevew101

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Stotfold Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 17 June 16 19:14 BST (UK) »
Hi Carol,

Martin has kindly sent me a copy of Lilians medical records

First entry was 26.11.1930

Steve