Author Topic: Joseph Bennett Shropshire 1810  (Read 723 times)

Offline Bek0110

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Joseph Bennett Shropshire 1810
« on: Thursday 02 June 16 13:47 BST (UK) »
Hi all, I'm hoping someone may be able to help me with the parents marriage of Joseph BENNETT, born SHIFNALL SHROPSHIRE in 1810.
He was baptised in Shifnall  in 1811, to parents JAMES BENNETT and ANN. I also found baps for 3 siblings at the same parish. (William 1816, John 1814 and Samuel 1818)
I've not been able to find a marriage record in Shropshire for a James Bennett and Ann, the closest was in Wolverhampton, Staffordshire in 1812 - &  although this James was born in Clee Hill Shropshire, this James and Ann baptised and raised there children in Wolverhampton... so I'd guess they aren't the same that I am looking for.
I've checked census records also for James and Ann living in Shropshire, with no luck.
Any help with this would be fantastic  :) 

Offline ..claire..

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Genealogy...Life in the Past Lane
    • View Profile
Re: Joseph Bennett Shropshire 1810
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 02 June 16 15:08 BST (UK) »
Hi

And welcome to RootsChat :)

Have you considered this one in Broseley, which is about 7 miles from Shifnel. Ann may have been a pen name for the bride, perhaps

James Bennet married RosANNa Cooper 12 January 1807 Broseley.

Claire :)
Luce, Tippett , Thomson, Dolling ~ Devon & Cornwall
Mocquard ~ London, France
Census info is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Bek0110

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Joseph Bennett Shropshire 1810
« Reply #2 on: Friday 03 June 16 03:27 BST (UK) »
Hi Claire,

Thank you so much,  i'd not spotted this one!  It could very well be it.

I've tried looking through the census records using Rosanna and James, with no hits, but a few Ann's that are widowed- so you could be on the right track with the theory of using Ann.

There are a few though, so its hard to pin down one that may well be the Rosanna you mentioned, to look for more clues to find a possible connection- so many Bennetts from Shropshire with the same names and similar dates  ???
Thank you so much again  :D