Author Topic: Diocese of Ossory Marriage Bond Henry Kinch and Frances Roberts 1811  (Read 1281 times)

Offline lhorosko

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
My Kinch ancestors emigrated to Canada in 1830's - two brothers Edward and William.  I am researching a possible connection to a Henry Kinch who may have stayed behind in Ireland and married Frances Roberts in 1811.  I am looking for any information on this Henry and Frances Kinch and their ancestors.

Thanks in advance for any help,
Linda from Canada

Online Wexflyer

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Not Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
Re: Diocese of Ossory Marriage Bond Henry Kinch and Frances Roberts 1811
« Reply #1 on: Friday 03 June 16 23:48 BST (UK) »
But the marriage was in Ossory. What is the connection to Wexford (this board)?
BRENNANx2 Davidstown/Taghmon,Ballybrennan; COOPER St.Helens;CREAN Raheennaskeagh/Ballywalter;COSGRAVE Castlebridge?;CULLEN Lady's Island;CULLETON Forth Commons;CURRAN Hillbrook, Wic;DOYLE Clonee/Tombrack;FOX Knockbrandon; FURLONG Moortown;HAYESx2 Walsheslough/Wex;McGILL Litter;MORRIS Forth Commons;PIERCE Ladys Island;POTTS Bennettstown;REDMOND Gerry; ROCHEx2 Wex; ROCHFORD Ballysampson/Ballyhit;SHERIDAN Moneydurtlow; SINNOTT Wex;SMYTH Gerry/Oulart;WALSH Kilrane/Wex; WHITE Tagoat area

Offline lhorosko

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 04 June 16 07:20 BST (UK) »
Did I get the wrong county?  Can you advise as to which county I should post this in?  It seemed the diocese involved several counties.

Thanks,
Linda from Canada

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile

Online Wexflyer

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Not Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 04 June 16 08:37 BST (UK) »
Did I get the wrong county?  Can you advise as to which county I should post this in?  It seemed the diocese involved several counties.

Thanks,
Linda from Canada

No part of Co. Wexford is in Ossory. Ossary is primarily Co. Kilkenny.
BRENNANx2 Davidstown/Taghmon,Ballybrennan; COOPER St.Helens;CREAN Raheennaskeagh/Ballywalter;COSGRAVE Castlebridge?;CULLEN Lady's Island;CULLETON Forth Commons;CURRAN Hillbrook, Wic;DOYLE Clonee/Tombrack;FOX Knockbrandon; FURLONG Moortown;HAYESx2 Walsheslough/Wex;McGILL Litter;MORRIS Forth Commons;PIERCE Ladys Island;POTTS Bennettstown;REDMOND Gerry; ROCHEx2 Wex; ROCHFORD Ballysampson/Ballyhit;SHERIDAN Moneydurtlow; SINNOTT Wex;SMYTH Gerry/Oulart;WALSH Kilrane/Wex; WHITE Tagoat area

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Online Wexflyer

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Not Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 04 June 16 15:23 BST (UK) »
http://www.patrickcomerford.com/2014/01/anglican-studies-2014-12-who-we-are-1.html   
Dioceses of Ireland map!

That is a 2014 map, but the OP is asking about 1811. In 1811 the diocesan structure of the united Church of England and Ireland was not at all the same. As I already stated, in 1811, no part of Wexford was in Ossory.

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 04 June 16 16:44 BST (UK) »
http://www.patrickcomerford.com/2014/01/anglican-studies-2014-12-who-we-are-1.html   
Dioceses of Ireland map!

That is a 2014 map, but the OP is asking about 1811. In 1811 the diocesan structure of the united Church of England and Ireland was not at all the same. As I already stated, in 1811, no part of Wexford was in Ossory.

You did NOT state anything about 1811!!
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Online Wexflyer

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Not Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 04 June 16 17:39 BST (UK) »
Dioceses of Ireland map!

You did NOT state anything about 1811!!
Er, take a look at the title? If the thread is about 1811, then presumably that is when we are posting about, not 2014?