Author Topic: Jane WILLIAMS or HEATH? Marriage to James Lowe  (Read 1004 times)

Offline fizz83

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Jane WILLIAMS or HEATH? Marriage to James Lowe
« on: Friday 03 June 16 08:37 BST (UK) »
Hi, I have a little bit of a puzzle regarding my ancestor Jane WILLIAMS/HEATH that i hope to try and clear up.

On her daughters birth certificate (Jane LOWE (jnr) 1841, Lilleshall SHROPSHIRE) her parents are stated as James LOWE and Jane Lowe formerly WILLIAMS.

I have managed to locate a marriage for a James Lowe, but to a Jane HEATH in WELLINGTON Shropshire in 1827, The eldest daughter was born in 1827 (Baptised in St.George Shrewsbury Shropshire) So the dates/place do seem to add up, and is the only marriage I can find for a James Lowe and Jane.
I thought perhaps she was married previously, and have used the Williams and Heath Surnames to try and see if that was the case also, but with no luck.

I also searched for a Jane Heath, in Birth Records (She records her year of birth as 1804, 1806 and 1808  and different places of birth also : Muxton, Lilleshall and Wrockwardine Wood - Shropshire) and have found no one to match her there either. Though there are multiple Jane Williams in Shropshire.

I hope this makes sense - its all a bit puzzling! The whole family in general over 3 generations have been a little hard to put together for various reasons and seem to be a little evasive...
I thought perhaps a fresh set of eyes may be able to help - as Ive been working on this part of the family for quite some time.

Thank you in advance :)

Offline emeltom

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Jane WILLIAMS or HEATH? Marriage to James Lowe
« Reply #1 on: Friday 03 June 16 09:20 BST (UK) »
There is a marriage of a Jane Williams to a Joseph Heath 25 Aug 1823 in Lilleshall. However I haven't yet found a death for Joseph.

Emeltom
Smith Tiplady Boulton Branthwaite King Miller Woolfall Bretherton Archer and many more

Offline ciderdrinker

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 03 June 16 10:55 BST (UK) »
Hello
I don't know whether you've looked at the 1827 marriage but it doesn't give marital status.
The witnesses are Thomas Williams and John Roden.The latter is the clerk or verger.

The 1823 marriage gives Joseph Heath as widower and no marital status for Jane who I presume is a spinster and younger than her husband.
witnesses Thomas and Letitia Podmore.

Ciderdrinker

Offline fizz83

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 04 June 16 02:43 BST (UK) »
Thank you both so much for this find.

Unfortunately I cant find the 1823 marriage in my searches using the subscriptions I have access too, but I can see it come up on the findmypast search engine which needs a subscription to view.

It looks like this may have solved the puzzle, pending a possible death record for Joseph which I will also look for.

Thank you once again :)

Offline David Lowe

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 15 September 16 03:54 BST (UK) »
Hi I'm David George Lowe,James Lowe 1800 was my great grandfather x 4 & in my records I have Jane listed as Heath.