Author Topic: George Frederick Struve & Eleanor Price of Jersey  (Read 1054 times)

Offline Westy11

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
George Frederick Struve & Eleanor Price of Jersey
« on: Saturday 04 June 16 02:02 BST (UK) »
George Frederick was a M.D. on Jersey at St Heiliers.  I have been able to locate the birth of a number of his children but unable to locate his and Eleanor's marriage and the birth of their daughter Julia Harriet Struve.

When Julia died at Jersey her age was given as 39 meaning a birth around 1803.  Other have her birth after 1808.  George & Eleanor's children located to date:
William Price  1809
Henrietta Jane  1811
Louisa Eugena 1813
Ferdinand 1814
Louisa 1815
Frederick Hannibal 1817

There may also be a second William Price Struve as there are some England Census records in which he features however the online Jersey Parish records have a William Price Struve as buried 18 May1810.

From the dates of baptism for the children, its reasonable to assume George & Eleanor married before the birth of their son William Price in 1809. George died in 1839 at Jersey.

This post has links to three other posts in which the name of Price features as they are all part of a bigger question as yet outstanding.

I don't wish to confuse this post but am making reference to the related posts.

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=749497.0

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=749278.new;topicseen#new

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=749177.0

Westy

Offline Hill

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: George Frederick Struve & Eleanor Price of Jersey
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 04 June 16 19:56 BST (UK) »
Just to add a little bit more confusion. Julia Harriet Struve married Henry Habberly Price from Neath Abbey on 4th Dec 1825. If she had been born in 1808 she would only have been 17 at marriage so more likely to have been 1803.

As a last resort I always look at familysearch.org the Mormon site. Someone has posted the marriage of George to Eleanor as 1806 in Jersey (although I can't find it at the moment). If that was true, is Eleanor the mother of Julia??? There are also 2 other children listed - Martha born 1809 and Eleanor Elizabeth born 1797. Don't take this as fact though!

Struve is not a common name in Jersey and whilst searching for a marriage I came across Leonore Struve marrying Francis Le Breton 1st Oct 1824. Who is she?

Stewart

Offline Hill

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: George Frederick Struve & Eleanor Price of Jersey
« Reply #2 on: Friday 10 June 16 12:24 BST (UK) »
I can confirm that there is no Jersey marriage or Baptism recorded.

I would suggest looking at Guernsey.

Stewart