Author Topic: Lees of Wolverhampton  (Read 1447 times)

Offline lisalucie

• RootsChat Veteran
  • A whole lot of yam-yam, a little bit Irish n Welsh
    • View Profile
Re: Lees of Wolverhampton
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 15 August 17 22:19 BST (UK) »
And welcome to rootschat  :)
Plimmer,Lees,Ward,Ellis,Childs,Lowbridge,Newbury,Bird,Miles,Collins,Hees,Jones,Dodd-Wolverhampton. Marsh-Dudley. Miles,Harris,Stroud -Drinkwater-Gloucester. Prosser,Carter,Kirby,Dundon-Abergavenny. Hees,Muller-Germany. Goodman - London. Primmer - Ashby de la zouch.

Offline Maxclarke86

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 15 August 17 22:21 BST (UK) »
Hi thanks for reply my grandad was eric Lees son of Henry Lees and fanny goodwin

Offline lisalucie

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 15 August 17 22:24 BST (UK) »
Henry lees the son of Jeremiah lees in Morley area? Sorry for the vague reply lol I'm on my phone and my files r on the laptop.
Lisa
Plimmer,Lees,Ward,Ellis,Childs,Lowbridge,Newbury,Bird,Miles,Collins,Hees,Jones,Dodd-Wolverhampton. Marsh-Dudley. Miles,Harris,Stroud -Drinkwater-Gloucester. Prosser,Carter,Kirby,Dundon-Abergavenny. Hees,Muller-Germany. Goodman - London. Primmer - Ashby de la zouch.

Offline Maxclarke86

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 15 August 17 22:26 BST (UK) »
Yes that's correct and it's fine lol sorry for not much info

Offline lisalucie

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 15 August 17 22:38 BST (UK) »
lol that's ok....off the top of my head (cus like I say I'm on my phone) Jeremiah was born 1840 in monmore green, which was a little mining/industrial area of Wolverhampton. He had a twin sister called Jane and one of his elder siblings - Samuel - was my great x4 grandad. Jeremiah was the son of another Samuel lees and Mary Collins, Samuel senior dies in the cholera epidemic in about 1849.
Jeremiah was a miner and became a Methodist preacher and was for a short while a missionary on America (early 1870s I think).
Ive got some info on him that someone kindly sent me that was like an in depth obituary when he died and it explains a bit about his life....send me ur email address on here but as a private message and I will email u the info tomorrow if u like.

I think I've found Samuel lees parents in Wolverhampton - another Samuel and Alice - but I'm talking about the 1790s and things get a little sketchy that far back don't they.
Lisa