Author Topic: Which Mary BREWSTER is this?  (Read 3765 times)

Offline Newfloridian

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • MENE INTUS ET IN CUTE NOVISTI
    • View Profile
Re: Which Mary BREWSTER is this?
« Reply #9 on: Friday 17 June 16 15:44 BST (UK) »
Well, problem solved. She was the daughter of John J Brewster and Elizabeth Wignell. She was born in Lyddington in 1869.

The marriage took place at All Hallows Church, Seaton on November 26th 1888 witnessed by her brother William and his sister Lily

Sadly she died of complications following childbirth on October 25th 1890 - I haven't been able to identify a birth registered around that time and no child appears in later censuses. Maybe the pregnancy ended in a stillbirth.

Alan
Leicester / Northampton: Craxford,  Claypole, Pridmore, Pollard, Tansley, Crane, Tilley
Derby: Naylor, Ball, Haywood
Buckinghamshire: Cook
London: Craxford, Lane Crauford
Tyneside: Nessworthy, Simpson

Offline Gibby1968

• My email notifications have been turned off
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 04 June 18 11:58 BST (UK) »
The Mary Dexter from the marriage in q1 1888, Uppingham appears to have married Job Dexter. Census has her birth as 1867, Lyddington

JJ

I have this couple in my tree.

Offline Newfloridian

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • MENE INTUS ET IN CUTE NOVISTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 15 June 18 08:38 BST (UK) »
Looking at the other two Marys who married in Lyddington, I have come up with the following:

From Page 72 of the Parish Register:

Mary Ann Brewster (aged 24) married Joshua Chesterton on August 27th 1888. She was the daughter of Thomas Brewster (deceased).  Given the family line, her mother was Jane Skelhorne (sometimes surname reduced to Skellum!) She was baptised on October 17th 1864. Her father had died in 1875.

Turn back a page (Page 71) we have:

Mary Brewster (aged 20) married Job Dexter on January 17th 1888. The space for her father's name is left blank. This girl (also a Mary Ann) was the illegitimate daughter of Sarah Ann Brewster and was baptised on March 24th 1869.   Sarah Ann was the daughter of William Brewster and Mary Tay(i)lor. Sarah Ann also had a son, Harry, in 1871. She subsequently married Thomas White in 1873.

Baptismal dates also from the Parish Registers on FindMyPast

Alan
Leicester / Northampton: Craxford,  Claypole, Pridmore, Pollard, Tansley, Crane, Tilley
Derby: Naylor, Ball, Haywood
Buckinghamshire: Cook
London: Craxford, Lane Crauford
Tyneside: Nessworthy, Simpson

Offline Gibby1968

• My email notifications have been turned off
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Which Mary Brewster is this?
« Reply #12 on: Friday 15 June 18 11:40 BST (UK) »
I have most of this information in my tree.